What Went Wrong?

Prezzi3
My boyfriend of ten months just broke up with me. He stated the reason why is he feels like we should be friends versus gf/bf. When I asked him why he felt that way, he did not give me an explanation. I'm completely shocked because this came out of nowhere. We haven't argued in three months, we spoke everyday, and we were just sending each other kissy faces/cheeky pictures on Tuesday. I told him that I understand and will respect his choice, but that I did not want to continue any relationship - friendship or romantic with him since I need to move on. This isn't the first time we broke up. The first time we broke up was during the summer and he broke up with me saying that he not in the right place to give me what I need as his girlfriend, but then he retracted his statement and asked me to give him a second chance and I did. And now he is doing it all over again! I just feel stupid and shocked! Part of me is wondering if he broke up with me because I asked him about possibly meeting my parents. Part of me is wondering if this is just him being indecisive because that is one of his key personality traits. Part of me is wondering if this is because of the long distance. I'm just at a lost for words. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :).
+1 y
My ex text me over the weekend to "check on me" even though after the breakup I told him I wanted space to sort out my feelings. He just wanted to know how I was doing and I told him I was doing great, which is the truth. However, the 25% of me thats not over him is thinking that maybe he is still interested or still has me on his mind. I don't know if he really cares how i'm doing or if he just wanted to probe.
What Went Wrong?
1
1