Why would new ex say 'promise me we'll stay friends?' And keep me on facebook?

715

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe because he wants to stay friends? Sometimes people are better as friends than together. Not hard to deduce.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • You sound 100% confident there's no ulterior motive. Hmmm I wonder though. Not sure I trust this guy anymore.

• No, but I'm not going to just assume there is one when there might not be.
      Why don't you ask him what it means before you decide for him and make rash decisions? Talk to him, then make your decision. Not every guy has an ulterior motive when they say things.

• I know not every guy does but I just don't have a good vibe from him anymore so I feel it's pointless even asking really, I'll probably just cut contact to be honest and focus on the new guy in my life. (ex would probably only make snide remarks about him anyway so he doesn't need to know).

Most Helpful Girl

• Technically the guys are right you are there for back up but it's also to keep tabs on you.. competition time- who moves on the quickest.. if your new boyfriend is better looking blah blah.. all fucking stupid games.. if you broke up.. break up properly! no social media nothing.. if he dumped you get shot of him and pronto

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yep new guy is better in so many ways, ex has already made a couple of digs. No chance of being a back up.