What was he saying about me that his wife thought we were having an affair?

This is about a male coworker. Apparently, his wife thought we were having an affair after she overheard him speaking on the phone to one of his friends about me.

What the hell would he have been saying for her to think that?

119

What Guys Said 19

• Don't make the assumption that he said anything implying you two were having an affair. Consider for a moment that his wife may have trust and/or jealousy issues regarding her husband and his female friends.

• Women think that regardless of what was said or what she heard.
    Just ignore it - it's her problem, you're not gonna fix it.

• Don't fret about it. If the wife asks you about it and you didn't have any relations outside the office, then simply tell her. Say hey, you'd totally tell her if anything happened or he tried anything, however nothing genuinely happened.

• All it would take would be for him to say he was attracted to you in some way depending on the woman and it may not be just the phone conversation that makes her think that, it could just have been the thing that made her bring it up and she had already had some suspicion before that. One thing you gotta realize here is that when someone thinks thier partner might be cheating they dont want to believe it so they watch for signs, this could be what is happening here

• It would, no doubt, be something in guy vernacular which, at first might be construed as vulgar but with an objective mind, it probably is a very flattering compliment. It's perspective. Or he's an asshole fabricating tales about you and him.

• Don't talk to the wife! You denying anything going on will only reinforce the possibility in her mind that something is going on. The biggest question i still have is why he told you. Was it an awkward attempt to gauge your interest in him or did he think it was funny and thought you'd get a laugh?

• Oh god I didn't even think about it as something said to gauge interest... is that something a guy would do?

• Yes exactly. He doesn't seem like a cheater, but I guess you never really know. He maybe cheats all the time or maybe he's never cheated before! Who knows

• Well fortunately that isn't your concern. He won't be cheating with you and that's all that really matters

• Probably either downplayed situations or interactions you had together or showed signs of serious interest in you obvious to the wife as women pick up on body language very easily.

• Difficult to say. Could have been pretty innocent and just said your name. Wife's can get uncomfortable pretty quickly especially if he is giving her other reasons to wonder what is going on.

How did you hear what happened? Did he tell you? I would suggest staying out of it. It's his problem and he needs to solve it.

• Yes he told me - I couldn't believe it!!

• It's so weird and made me feel pretty uncomfortable

• I can see that. Sure makes you wonder why he would even mention it to you. That would be a good question to ask him. Perhaps you should suggest to him you would be happy to call his wife and tell her the real situation. See how he reacts to that.

• That depends on how many afairs he has has already.

If its a few even him saying you're attractive could set her off

• That's true! I have no idea of his past, I don't know him well enough

• Its def not about you

• Trying to talk to her could backfire depending on the type of person she is. It ay be better to ask him what was said first

• I feel my opportunity to ask him was when he told me about it. I was too shocked to ask him about it. I think I've probably lost my opportunity now

• Someone else said that too, I didn't even think of that at all. Yes it was my coworker. He also said something about how they don't live in each other's pockets and referred to a colleague of ours (he's always on the phone to his partner when he's away), and that he doesn't have to check in all the time.

• I did wonder why he told me that, I thought it was a very odd thing to say. But I was more weirded out by him telling me his wife thought he was having an affair with me

• He was probably just tell his friend some good qualities in you, probable didn't even mean it in a sexual way. Wife didn't even think to ask who you were and why he was talking about you.

• He was probably making some dirty comments about you. Sexual type stuff.

• πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

• Yeah I don't know what I would do in your shoes... too weird for me.

• I think I just need to keep my distance from him

• Complimenting you probably

• And from that, she thought we were having an affair?

• Absolute madness

• I've had girlfriends in the past that would accuse me of flirting if I was just having a conversation with another girl

It could also have been a tongue in cheek comment from her

• his wife is someone he's use to opening up his feelings with, and the wife will spot a glint in his eye at 100 yards..

• You reckon that's what it is? Someone else said the same

• Intimidated?

• she fears her relationships under threat. A confident approach have an overbearing affect on someone who feels insecure..

• Telling his friend how hot your body looks

• Maybe he said to the friend that you two are having an affair... πŸ˜„

• Haha funny but definitely not lol!

• But how do you know about this?

• He was being weird with me, and I asked him about it and he just told me!! I was shell shocked

• But for a colleague, you care about this more than it is usual.

• Not really, just curious

• Honestly he must like you more then here Ijs doe

• He was talking about another girl, to a friend, behind his wife's back

What Girls Said 1

• What don't you ask him straight. What's in his mind. And what is he up to?

• I should have asked when he told me but I couldn't quite get it out of my mouth. I was so shocked!! Shocked that it had happened and shocked that he was telling me!!

• Surely his wife would be pissed that he told me? I'd be pissed if it happened and my husband then went and told the other woman!!!

• Yes! I am sure should would have been mad at you and his husband. But you can give her strength by convincing her that there isn't anything going on.