Do girls judge a guy's status by the amount of friends he has?

Does the amount of friends hurt the chances you have with a girl if you don't have many?

So should I even bother asking out this girl I like?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• epicfailure is right, it depends but I don't think I would want a guy with so many girl friends...thats kind of a turn off but it wouldn't really hurt a guys chances all that much. some girls like the popularity but I don't. my brother is a social butterfly...he has a ton of friends, sometimes his girlfriend gets mad at him because he goes out with them so much...and all they do is guy stuff so if your gonna have a ton of friends...don't take time away from us or if you don't have many its okay...i would prefer you having a small group of friends you're closer too than a ton.

What Girls Said 2

• It could. It all depends on your personality. There's always a reason why somebody would have a lot of friends, or very little friends.

• if a guy doesn't have many friends I do wonder why...as in is there something wrong with him? why don't people like him? I won't completely hold it against him but it is something I notice

What Guys Said 2

• Sadly, I think it's a little bit true. First, if you don't have many friends, you don't go places often unless you like going alone. That means you end up not putting yourself out there and not being noticed by anyone.

And second, it's natural for people to judge things (aka prejudice). For some girls, if they see or know that you don't have a lot of friends they will begin to wonder why. The result is that they might end up believing their own thoughts on why you are a loner. Screwed up but it happens.

• So should I even bother asking out this girl I like?

• Yes you should bother. Who's to say she doesn't notice or care?

• Depends on the girl, but often yes. Girls are attracted to popularity.