Single Father with 2 kids getting ready to get back to dating?

My relationship with their mother ended about 6 years ago. Since then, I've been casually dating. Nothing serious at all. I've mostly just been focused on the kids and trying to make them feel normal. Created a stable life for them. Their mother got married and she will be having a baby soon. My daughter doesn't want me to date seriously because she prefers the routine that I created with them. She says she has too much change to deal with from her mother. She will be 12 and my son will be 11. Emotionally, I am ready for a serious relarionship. I am just concerned about how it will affect my daughter. Should I still consider dating or should I give it more time?

21

What Girls Said 2

• hi, it sounds like you are ready and you should have faith in that. i can appreciate your daughters view as you it seems have been the parent who has maintained a familiar stable place for her whilst her mother has moved on considerable even having another child. have faith in yourself because you say youve dated casually without involving your children but now for yourself you feel its the right time. it sounds to me as if you would never introduce a person unless you felt it was actually going somewhere with a future and would be considerate about all concerned. i think you should have a lot more self faith that you will act the right way and be careful about introductions if this happens, you are quite entitled to be happy you have given much time to your children and if done well all will be well with adjustments, tread softly is all xx

• Yes absolutely you deserve happiness and someone in your life as well. When you children see you happy, they will be happy! With their ages it will just take time to get use to someone new. Don't introduce them to anyone until you are serious about one though. Also your a great father for considering your children before you just go out and date! Women will love that more 😊

What Guys Said 1

• Dating with kids is tough man I go through the same thing. Just do what you feel is right. Only you know the relationship between your kids and how they feel