It was probably for the best?

So I finally told my boyfriend that we should take a break... I'm not taking his response so well... here's what I told him: I've been thinking for a while and I know I've said this before and I never made it happen but I think we should take a break, it seems like we don't really get along that well and make each other mad. I just don't feel right, I don't even feel like we're in a real relationship at this point. I've tried talking before but it doesn't seem to do anything or it makes me look like I'm too needy or the bad person. I really want to try to find a solution but maybe some time apart would be better. You're sick of people telling you how to run our relationship but I'm tired of being stressed out and upset over this... I'm sorry I'm doing this off text, whenever I try to talk to you in person I always lose my words and forget what to say so I just back off... I just want things to be okay. I Love You. His response was only "that's fine" which kind of threw me off... I've tried so hard to be the best girlfriend I could be but he's just not nice to me and I feel disrespected all the time... did I do the right thing to take a break or could I have done more?
It was probably for the best?
Add Opinion