How long do I wait for him to make his mind up?

My ex is going through very severe clinical depression right now and ended things with me. He tells me he doesn't know if he wants a relationship with me in the future because his depression prevents him from feeling the 'feeling love brings' which were his own words. He tells me he wants to be with me and that he loves me and cares for me. I said I'd wait for him to make his mind up but how long is to long because I need to move on eventually or this will kill me.

05

What Guys Said 5

• You are only 17. It is going to take a long time to deal with severe depression. He can't be in a relationship and you shouldn't wait very long

• It's best u move on. Clinical depression doesn't have a time line. He can be that way his entire life.

• He's not going to make up his mind. Just letting you know.

This is his way of gently letting you down

• He's not one to gently let me down, he would tell me how it is, he always has. I feel like I want to wait for some time but I don't know how long

• Move on, he can't love you the same way you love him

• Move on... Depression or not no one has a right to leave another and tell them to wait till they make up their mind.

What Girls Said 0