Do I have a chance to get my boyfriend back?

Anonymous
My boyfriend and I were together for 4 years we got together in high school but there has been a lot of back and forth between us for a while. After the initial "honeymoon phase" the way he communicated with me changed drastically he became very bad with communicating and texting. Sometimes he would go two or more days just not replying to my texts when he could. I would always tell him I'm not expecting a full out conversation 24 hours a day but just check in in the morning and evening. That didn't seem too difficult in my opinion but he could never do it and it caused a lot of nagging on my part and made me feel like he didn't care. Well last week was just really awkward I could tell he was being distant and then on Thursday we met up to talk and he said he had been thinking about it and wanted to break up. I tried to talk to him about it but it seemed like he had his mind made up which made me angry because I didn't understand how he could have been thinking this way for who knows how long without bringing it up to me at least once before it reached that level of actually breaking up? Anyways, we went back and forth for a while and he was getting mad because he just wanted it to be "easy" but like a break up shouldn't be easy so that made me upset it's like he just didn't care at all about my feelings and thoughts on it when I have always given him the benefit of the doubt and given him chances to talk about the issues before I just make assumptions and decide for myself. By the end of it things were in a weird place we were just sitting in silence for a while and I asked him if we could just take some space before fully breaking up and he said yes and then I abruptly left. It's been a week since then and we haven't talked. I'm not sure if he just said yes to get the conversation over with or what and I don't know if I should text him and ask him where we stand or wait longer? But I'm scared he will just never text me if I don't myself. What should I do?
Do I have a chance to get my boyfriend back?
Add Opinion