What else can I do to get over him?

So I dated this guy only for two months, but the breakup really fucked me up. It was long and painful, I'm trying my hardest to forget him by keeping myself busy. I've started working out and am working on a webcomic now. The initial breakup happened 8 months ago and I'm still not over it. I know there's no point and we won't ever get back together, I don't even want that, considering he's been playing mind games and told my sister he'd defo hook up with her, not wanting to go into detail. I finally stood my ground told him not to contact me anymore.
Any ideas or words of encouragement? I'm tired of feeling this way...

24

What Guys Said 4

• Breaking contact was definitely the right thing to do. Talk to your sister and have her break contact too. Now the healing can truly begin.

• She told him that she has a boyfriend. Besides, she absolutely isn't into him. It just sort of hurts me to see it like that, sort of makes me think he wanted her all along, but I shouldn't worry about that, it's over, that's all that matters...

• I think that's an excellent idea. It would be good piece of mind to know he's not talking to your sister.

Let the thought of moving on and not feeling like shit anymore empower you. I really wish you well and am confident you will be stronger for it.

• Thank you <3 It would definitly help me sleep calmer at night. I would talk about things in person but I don't want to hear from him through friends. I don't know why anyone bothers with these games I guess it's an ego thing.
      It's weird, statistically seen I've 'won' the breakup I guess? Seeing how I managed to get a massive career jump and am now looking into buying an own house with friends.. yet still it seems like he's moved on so easily. But it will get better with time I guess

• Find a new guy

• You kick his pic once with your legs, then u never feel for what has happened in the past

• I'm kind of embrassed to admit it because it might make me sound psycho 😂 but I actually burned the pictures I had to him along with a letter that I never sent

• Use alcohol or travelling both will help for sure

What Girls Said 2

• I am going through the same thing you are but only a few days into it... I will check back here and see what opinions are added but I am clueless... on how to feel better. I can't hardly function and snap at people through this pain. I thought about trying dating sites... even if I am not ready there is a option to meet the men who only want to hang out.. Try that... maybe.. I tried it once before long ago and remember it at least kept my mind off him and felt fun chatting with other men so early on. Do it right away.. see how it feels.

• If you have him on any form of social media block him, his friends too. Don’t worry about looking rude, just do it. No stalking him and asking people about him. Stop gossiping about him to friends. It may be hard at first but one day you’ll wake up and you won’t even think about him.