How to heal after an abusive relationship?

I feel like I had the wool pulled over my eyes and didn't see the signs before it was way too late. I'm left feeling angry at myself for allowing this relationship to go as far as it did. Any suggestions on healiing myself?

713

Most Helpful Guy

• First thing to realize is that self matters, Two, your former partner had this issue before he met you, and three, positive and negative does not mix meaning loving and hitting does not fit. Tell yourself that you are a woman that deserve respect, your beautiful, Strong, and the next time you meet a man that show signs of being disrespectful (even verbally) dismissed him. You could have taking action on him but you didn't but now you know that is always in option.

Most Helpful Girl

• you can't just heal and move on in a few weeks.. take your time..
    keep yourself busy, find what motivates you and make goals accordingly, focus on those goals and find happiness being single.
    spend time with friends and family. just don't rush into another relationship, find what makes you happy without having to be with a guy.