How to heal after an abusive relationship?

I feel like I had the wool pulled over my eyes and didn't see the signs before it was way too late. I'm left feeling angry at myself for allowing this relationship to go as far as it did. Any suggestions on healiing myself?

713

What Guys Said 13

• Go get a journal and vent. Write it all down. Then go mediate, do hot yoga, clear your mind. Then find ways to bring joy and happiness into your life. Hang out with friends, go have some fun!

• First thing to realize is that self matters, Two, your former partner had this issue before he met you, and three, positive and negative does not mix meaning loving and hitting does not fit. Tell yourself that you are a woman that deserve respect, your beautiful, Strong, and the next time you meet a man that show signs of being disrespectful (even verbally) dismissed him. You could have taking action on him but you didn't but now you know that is always in option.

• Maybe you can't heal yourself maybe you need somebody to talk to I don't believe that the couch trip is the answer for very many things in life but something like that talking about it can be all the difference in the world and abusive relationships are a serious subject and probably worth a little psycho babble so it doesn't haunt you for the rest of your life

• Congratulations :) it's not easy to leave.

Don't rush yourself. Take it one day at a time. And slowly start spending your time on things you enjoy

• Fool me once, Shame on you.
    Fool me twice, Shame on me.

Don't beat yourself up over it. We are human. That's what we do best. Make mistakes. If you don't learn from those mistakes however, you will never overcome anything.

• Forgive yourself. This is not the first time in the history of humanity this type of thing happened. Let go and let God. Be thankful you stopped it and are safe now.

• Spend some time focusing on you. What makes u a good person? And then believe in that.

• Find a new hobie (dancing... etc) you will meet new people there and start a little new leaf of life where you can heal and forget your "wounds" just an idea tho 😚

• focus on the stuff and people you love

• I don't know , never been in that place but whenever i need to get over something i do this.. you need to pour out yourself to someone.. let al the thoughts in you get out to someone.. it will actually calm you down!!

• Do activities/hobbies that you yourself like to do. Accept that what's done is done and live your life

• Try to enjoy yourself, don't be afraid to look for someone new. Find people you can talk to about, maybe with similar issue, everyone had this kind of problem.

• Accepting it that it was your mistake

What Girls Said 7

• you can't just heal and move on in a few weeks.. take your time..
    keep yourself busy, find what motivates you and make goals accordingly, focus on those goals and find happiness being single.
    spend time with friends and family. just don't rush into another relationship, find what makes you happy without having to be with a guy.

• You’ve taken the first and most important step. You left and realized you were in an abusive relationship. Most victims of abusive blame themselves. Take care of yourself. Focus on what you want now that you’re free. Retrain your thought process. You have your life back.

• Good friends... some wine and time. Oh and maybe some professional help if necessary.

• hey if you prefer a pm follow me xx

• With time and compassion from others.

• Take break get help and some ice creams. Get good friends and family whoever you got around you.

• Just wait