Should we be friends?

My boyfriend broke up with me last week. Haven't talked to him since. And I don't want him as a boyfriend again but I want him as a friend. Before we actually started dating we were really close friends and I just wanna go back to that. Do u guys think we should be friends or should I ignore him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have read it somewhere :

"The past is the past for a reason.
    That is where it is supposed to stay,
    But some cannot let it go.
    In their heads it eats away

Until all their focus becomes
    The person they used to be,
    The mistakes they made in their life.
    Oh, if only they could see

That you cannot change what happened,
    No matter how hard you try,
    No matter how much you think about it,
    No matter how much you cry.

What happens in your lifetime
    Happens for reasons unknown,
    So you have to let the cards unfold
    Let your story be shown.

Don't get wrapped up in the negative.
    Be happy with what you have been given.
    Live for today not tomorrow.
    Get up, get out, and start living,

Because the past is the past for a reason.
    It's been, and now it is gone,
    So stop trying to think of ways to fix it.
    It's done, it's unchangeable, move on."

What Guys Said 5

• Keeping an ex as a friend is like keeping a dead do as a pet - it reminds you of good old times, but it's still dead and will never be the same.

• Nope. Ignore it. Being friends with ex always leads to some complications. Sooner or later.

• And that never works never ever ever Works ever ever maybe 10 years from now after water has gone under the bridge and there's been no contact it's possible but you can't go from intimate relationship to two friends just doesn't happen one person is always going to be pining for the other and the other person is always going to be a little bit pissed off with ulterior motives

• More trouble than it's worth straight away. Maybe after a long while...

• It depends if the break went on badly or not...

What Girls Said 4

• for now, friendship isn't an option as the emotions are still raw. he might still be hurting right now and if you suggest that, you will only push him further. are you over him?

• No not yet. But his bestfriend is friends with me and she told me he's not over me yet. He broke up with me because we are long distance and it hurt him not to be with me

• If he's ok with it too then I guess u can. But keep in mind that things may get awkward and 80% things are not gonna be like before

• No don't stay friends

• Sure why not be friends