Why would my boyfriend dump me & tell me it’s because HE changed?

We were together about 7 months, he begged me to date him & begged me to move in with him. Things were going okay, or so I thought. A few days ago he dumped me and said he changed and he isn’t the same person. I have horrible anxiety and always worried and be would help me a lot. I was honest and up front about this from the start. I know I have issues so why hide them? He was okay with it and said he was on board for everything. We argued recently within the last month a LOT. Some about me and my issues and some about his issues (like drinking). He came to me a few days ago saying he change and he isn’t happy and I deserve better and someone with more patience. Im shocked and hurt considering he told me he would always be here and he would always help me and never leave. 2 weeks ago I have messages from him saying how happy I made him and were spike mates. I just can’t figure out what happened. When I ask him, he said he changed and he didn’t know it until he was with me. His ex cheated and really messed him up. I thought this whole time we were going to be okay and it was just a bad time. And he left. I was totally wrong. Did he just wanna be single and drink and not worry about me or my problems? Did I push him away even though I was trying so hard and told him from the start? Will he get bored of going out and being lonely and come back? I need help :(
3
0