How many people would stay with their spouse/lover if they ended up getting paralyzed from either the neck down or waist down?

Are you strong enough mentally to stay with that person knowing they would never be what they once was?

Would you love them the same as you did prior to them becoming disabled?

Would you remain faithful to them despite knowing the sex between y'all will never be the same?

Would you break down and cry over their disability often?

Would you be mean to them given their vulnerability of knowing they will need you more than ever now?

Would you take advantage of them (steal their disability check etc...)?

I personally wouldn't be able to live with myself if I leave someone due to a recent disability (especially if we were together for years).

I might leave if we're ONLY a month into things, or if she becomes unbearable.

32

What Girls Said 3

• I would. I could never leave the person I love for a reason like that.

• Yes i would he would still be the same person i fell in love with we just wouldn't be able to do some stuff we used to that no excuse to leave Someone

• I would stay but would resent him.

What Guys Said 2

• I've been with my Wife so far for almost 6 months and I would like to say I would do the right thing and not leave her but that's hard to be totally truthful about until you're actually going through it. Anybody can say they would but how many really would? Not many. However I would never expect her to stay if it happened to me. I would never want her to have to deal with that when we're both so young. Yeah we took vows to stay together through sickness and good health but who imagines the other being paralyzed from the neck down? I wouldn't blame her for leaving or finding pleasure in life elsewhere.

• It would be rough if they were stuck in a wheelchair, but I think we could manage. If I. I'm honest though I don't know what I would do if they were a paraplegic