If you're chronically single, divorced, or recently broken up, then would you consider remaining Single For Life or single indefinitely?

Or have you decided that you want to remain Single indefinitely already?

If you did, then you're welcome! Maybe we are on the same team or the same boat? LOL

Have any of you feel that relationships, dating, etc. really just don't make a whole lot of sense to you? Or that you feel it really does not matter at all to you anymore?

I mean I really don't think any of us actually "need" a relationship, and since no relationship is ever guaranteed to last, or last long or last forever anyway. It's just one of those things where "your mileage may vary".

If you are somebody that haven't made up your mind yet but still considered it, is there something holding you back? Or is it because you still want to keep trying and see if you end up in a relationship or get at least a date?
Anybody else?

212

Most Helpful Girl

• I think most people want or seek a relationship with others. It is unusual if someone seeks to never have a relationship with someone. I think it is so outside of our nature to not have attachments to others that you actively have to push people away for this to be true.

But if that is what you want, so be it. No judgement from me here.

However, whether someone is chronically single, divorced or recently broken up, does not mean that they are people that do not want a relationship.

It is very rare for someone to not want a relationship.

So what really did you want to know?

I believe that people that know that they do not want a relationship with another human understand that they are outliers. But your question makes it seem like you think they are shameful of admitting it? Like maybe they do not recognize it in themselves?

Maybe that is true but I do not believe so. I believe outliers know they are outliers and still do what they want, that is why they are outliers.

A better question would be, if you do not want human attachment, why do you find yourself on this website which is geared to figuring out human relationships? Now that is an interesting question...:p

• I guess I am an outlier then? Thanks for the tip! I never liked the idea of attachments, I rather not have any attachments at all if I could. I realized that nothing lasts, people change, they come and go, unexpected things, tragic things are also a variable and they also can result in people coming and going, and thus including relationships coming and going. It's all completely empty to me, nothing is going to last, nothing is ever guaranteed to last, and it will more than likely result in even more pain, miseries and suffering once it's all over and had ended. I feel it is not a need but merely a want, completely from emotions and desires all just to make us feel comfy and to help us cope with the miseries and suffering of loneliness, boredom, etc., for as long as WHILE IT LASTS.

• It still doesn't mean that I am completely aromantic asexual although I would VERY MUCH rather be, thus I would not have any desires or attraction, almost like an entirely emotionless robot.

I remind myself that any attraction and desires that I experienced are all but fallacies and delusions, lust or whatever you want to call it. Completely illusions generated by chemical reactions within our bodies and our brains. Over time, those desires, feelings, infatuations, whatever you want to call them will all ultimately fade away. Typically when the appearances changes on people as physical appearances aren't going to last forever. Otherwise, explain why relationships more often than not do not last or last forever? Explain all the cheating and break ups being common? So I figured no, I will always reject it now, because I realize the reality, the deception coming from the stuff within our bodies and our brains.

• You are just scared to be close to someone. You are not special and definitely not an outlier.

You are so scared of being attached that you choose to never get attached. While that is not common, it is not unexpected or surprising either.

I find it dumb but whatever. It is your life and you get to choose it so if you choose to never feel a connection with another being, so be it.

But please do not hide yourselves because you fear getting hurt. Getting hurt is part of the process so grow up about it and get over it. That is my advice - you are not built to be alone no matter how much you try to convince yourself or us otherwise. You are built to get hurt and get stronger for it - like the rest of us. :)

Good luck to ya'...

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to be the "no relationships" & "MGTOW" type but that was AFTER being so invisible like a ghost 👻 to the women and girls.
    Which has led me to being involuntarily celibate.
    And because of the fact, that no girl ever really liked me even as a friend, Me being a kissless virgin, who never had a girlfriend and has been invisible to the opposite sex, it has only turned out to be for me a 22 year old virgin, who never had those things in his life and thus fits the meaning of being single-for-life.

It's not like i have chosen it but it is what it is.

I'm still open to relationships if i get lucky one day because it's coping as you said. Those hormones of mine cause me unrest until i satisfy those needs of mine (being intimate with women). But I'm sure, that i won't bring any more humans into this dominated and enslaved world.

Anyway as you said it's as important as we see it is. For me specifically i like to live in calmness and peace. I can get that with the right woman or if not then at least i always have porn and fleshlight ready.

I sure wish it didn't matter to me but nature knows how to punish the celibate.