What does he mean by “that’s crossing the line”?

Backstory - ex who dumped me messaged me, really mad, saying “don’t talk to my friends again bitch. What the fuck is wrong with you. I’m dead fucking serious. I know you messaged (his friend)” I said “I messaged him ONE TIME. it was a while ago.” He blocks me. Says sorry, saying an hour later “I’m sorry for saying that. But I’m serious though don’t message my friends” we exchanged a few words couple days later, he says “don’t message my friends *thats crossing the line*” what does “that’s crossing the line” mean by him?

What Guys Said 1

• That sounds off. I guess it depends what you sent to his friends, even then like his aggressive responses seem unnecessary

• Was he jealous?

• He’s never called me names though.

• Even when he got mad

What Girls Said 2

• What kind of message did you send his friend?

• It wasn’t flirty.

• I don’t want to say though

• That makes a big difference but bottom line he shouldn't be cursing at you, be glad he's gone

• Its pretty obvious.
    He wants you out of his life and that includes his friends lives.
    Crossing the line = you are taking it too far trying to get my attention. Leave my friends out of it too.