Should I stay or should I go?

I married my high school sweetheart at 18. By 19 we had a baby girl and two years later we welcomed our baby boy. Marriage has always been a struggle for us. His family hates me, we have nothing in common, trust has been betrayed on both parts, we have totally different ideas on parenting, etc... We nearly separated in 2010 but I ended up pregnant.

SIDE NOTE: Sex is about the only thing we do well with as a team and being on the same page. Our sex life is AMAZING!

Now we're back into the rhythm of not talking, I feel like a single mom, he doesn't share free time, just normal martial issues I suppose. But things feel forced and uncomfortable. We have different goals. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or not. Should I leave when my salary increases?

• Stay for kids, they need both parents
  • Leave as soon as you are financially able
  • Don't wait to leave, you'll figure it out
    Vote C
  • This will pass, suck it up until then
    Vote D

23

What Guys Said 3

• I will leave here some actuall research from psychology - kids from broken families tend to have worse education scores, worse carriers and worse future relationship.
    The stability of family is really important in realy years of every human being.

• Typical un-satisfiable twat.

• Why have you been together for that long if it's that miserable?

• Mainly for the kids. But they aren't babies anymore. Next year 2 will be in middle school and the youngest in 2nd grade

What Girls Said 2

• Kids are important, but if you're unhappy, your parenting is going to compromised and ultimately he'll be unhappy too. It sounds like you've stuck by because you have a lot of history and memories invested in him, but if the spark isn't there, you can't force it. Discuss with him your feelings because he likely feels the same way: maybe a compromise can be decided that doesn't involve a full-fledged divorce but allows you to date other people and see your options? Otherwise, I'd work towards leaving him whenever becoming financially available.