What does he mean when he says he doesn't know what he wants?

My boyfriend of 4 years ended things a week ago saying that he just didn't want to work on the relationship anymore mainly because I tend to become very needy and too intense. I tried to talk to him about it but he seemed pretty final in his decision, we did agree kind of on just giving each other space before truly breaking up. I then left and didn't talk to him for a week. Today I texted him just asking how he was doing. He responded pleasantly and I told him that I missed talking to him and he agreed. Then I asked if we could just start again and take things slow. He said he had been thinking a lot and truly didn't know what he wanted to do. I then just suggested we try talking every now and then and just see where it goes and he that it was a good idea and that we could talk every few days for now and that he had been doing a lot of thinking and when's he's ready to talk he will. So I just want some opinions on where you think his mind is at and if there is a chance I could peak his interest to work things out and what I could do to do that? Thank you.

01

What Guys Said 1

• You need to give him time to come around. If there was something there, there is still something there. You just need to give him time to think about it, and not push him away so to speak.

What Girls Said 0