Is it okay to continue a relation with someone who cheated on you?

I was in a relationship with this girl for like 4 years and then one day she happen to text me something which was meant to be for someone else but it came to me. That text seemed a bit suspicious and I started questioning her, she didn't respond to my query well and just disappeared from my life without any proper explanation. After six months she came back to me with an apology and also she admitted of cheating on me for one year. She cried a lot in front of me, said she was really sorry and wanted to get back with me. I did forgive her because I still love her and I always believed every human deserves to be forgiven if they repent no matter how deeply they hurt you after all we all make mistakes at some point of our life. Now the question is do I get back with her or just move on with my own life with no harsh feelings for her?

Most Helpful Guy

• To be honest, you should move on. You seem to be a nice guy, and for that, you should be treated better. A person who can disappear for 6 months without even saying anything is not a person you should trust, so don't make that mistake. She broke your trust and right now she's just looking for an easy target, something to take care of her while she's in a slump.

Dump her, and you'll both be left better off in the long run.

• Thank you, really appreciate your kind words and yes I will move on. It's for the good of both of us I suppose.

What Girls Said 12

• You should 1000000% MOVE ON.
    Cuz she didn't apologize at first but instead of that just ghosted u. Cheating is not a mistake. She has done it deliberately for a whole year. She can do it again. And you can't even guarantee whether or not she's come to you for forgiveness cuz she has no one else at this very moment. Maybe she's just done with the other guy and needs someone to fill her time.
    she's done what she's done, she's made her choice before and now she should learn to think about the consequences and accept them.
    Forgiveness is fine. Second chance isn't

• Thank you I think I will move on with my life, trusting her again is impossible for me. Just don't have the courage to go through the trauma again.

• That's truly up to you. I have seen one or two relationships go on and get stronger post cheating (after they've done therapy/counseling) but I'd still say:
    Forgive her but don't give her complete trust right away. Go to counseling, both of you. Individually and together.
    However, you guys were just dating and it wasn't like you were married with children. You don't have any responsibility towards her/your relationship. You can keep moving on and find someone who definitely is looking to put you first.

• I say that you need to let her go. She cheated on you for a year, and that is more than enough for you to move on. She didn't just do it once. She did it multiple times and you never knew about it. That's cruel. And you're not going to get over it. I tell you now. It's not like it was a one-time thing. This is a year. 3 years faithful, 1 year unfaithful. Who knows if she was even faithful at all.

• hey, well its entirely your choice, i do believe some people can move on and get over it many do, it really is about how you feel about her? and have you lost any part of your connection that you feel you could move on? would you trust her? xx

• I don't think I will be able to trust her the way I did earlier so I am going to move on with my life and let her do the same with hers. Thank you

• I think forgiving her is great, but just knowing that you both dated she cheated on you for a year and went ghost for 6 months instead of just telling you about it is wrong. This decision is completely up to you. If your up for it and can handle it, being friend's would be okay, but I don't think a second chance is best, and I normally believe in always forgiving people because we're not perfect whatsoever and I also do believe in second chances but she kinda blew that opportunity when she went ghost on you for 6 months instead of coming clean from the start. Do you feel you can trust her? Do you feel she would cheat on you again? Do you feel "IF" she cheated again she would come straight forward or dissappear again? and honestly think about how her actions hurt you.

She may just be coming back to you because things with the other guy didn't go well.

• 😊😍💯

• Good. Life is hard and difficult already and having to be caught in that kind of rough path, I don't think it's right anyone goes through that kind of trauma, especially a second time. Hang in there, things will get better.

• I fogot to add in my replied message, you are very welcome, and I'm glad my opinion and thought was able to help you, and again.. I hope things will get better for you, hang in there.

• The cheating I could forgive, the ghosting I could not. Both are incredibly cruel, but leaving you to just wait and wonder all those months? No. Clearly she doesn't love you, and you deserve better.

• Oh honey no... in that type of cheating there is no taking her back. If it was an accident if she was drunk or something then you can forgive bbut this is a huge no no... she kept doing it

• You should move on. Cheating is a conscious act. You can choose not to do it, specially if it's not a one time thing. She doesn't deserve even the slightest bit of respect from you. She didn't even have the guts to face you and apologise. She probably came back now because the other guy left her and she doesn't want to be alone. You're right, everyone deserves a second chance but you don't have to be the one giving her that second chance. Life will give it to her when she finds someone else who is willing to accept what she did. As for you, she doesn't deserve you and you deserve better.

• Thank you and yes I will move on with my life. She didn't respect my feeling just don't want to get hurt again so

• I'm happy for you that you made the right decision. I know it must have been difficult and I congratulate you because most people would probably take the easy route and forgive the other person because moving on is a difficult thing to do.

• A year? No sympathy for cheaters. If she could cheat for 1 year, then what else could she have done behind your back?

Please move on.

• Dude that she cheated with probably "dumped" her ass and now that she's feeling lonely, wants you back. Annoying girl

• Nooo

• That must be painful for you to go through. Cheaters will always cheat though, remember that.

• NOPE.

What Guys Said 8

• Forgiving is always good but you guys were together for 4 years and she cheated on you for a year. Do not accept that al all. If she cheated the first day and told you that would have been ok. Because she hid it from you and vanished for 6 months from a relationship of 4 years. No is the answer you deserve better. Who knows what she did these 6 months.
    Move on my friend, you already forgave her but move on.

• Thank you and yes I have decided to move on and I will probably end up with someone better out there.

• of course you will. Take your time and enjoy.

• Once a cheater always a cheater. People who cheat quite frankly don't give a sh** about you.

I'd never forgive that.

• Move on. Once someone has decided cheating on you was an option, nothing will change that. They will always see you as something to keep around until they find something better.

My advice, find someone who values you and couldn't stand the thought of ever being with anyone else because to them, YOU are the best. She already judged you as not being that person, time to walk away, though i doubt you will.

• Thank you I am going to walk away, trusting her again is impossible for me. She didn't value me and will never so I decided to move on.

• The way she disappeared like that is incredibly disrespectful. I would never give anyone who did that to me the time of day.

Move on. You can do better.

• No.
    Once a cheater.
    Is always a cheater

• Nah. Never.

• Depends how much you like them

• I guess it all depends how you feel about her my wife cheated on me before we got married but now we have a happy marriage