I'm obsessed with my ex, what can I do?

I realized I don't really love him, I don't really miss him but my brain is obsessed with him. I keep thinking about him, I try really hard to forget him and keep myself occupied. I deleted everything that reminds me of him, but nothing seems to work. It's been 8 months
i'm normally not a co-dependant person, this has never happened before and I genuiely don't know what to do anymore, I'm aware he doesn't share the same feelings and it would never work out.
It feels like I'm going crazy.

23

What Guys Said 3

• well you think of the relationship as an experience in your life. its great that it happened, but its now done. you two haven't been able to work something out, or are just incompatible, and you can be happy in knowing, at least it happened. so there's no need to idolise the guy, because he's human, and you look ahead to a new, different experience if you so wish.

• There's no better cure for a breakup hangover than Travel. My advise, pack your bags and go solo-traveling!
    Solo-traveling seems scary at first, but once you're out and about and exploring its lots of fun! Its by far the best way to discover yourself and what you really want out of life... plus you'll meet tons of cool people. By the time you're back you won't even remember his name.

• How about refocusing on something/someone else?

• I've been trying this but noone seems to be like him... 🙃

• I know it won't be the same experience, i can't expect that. I talk to other guys and went on a couple dates but I never seemed to be able to develop any deeper feelings if that makes sense 🙃

• Yes, it does.

What Girls Said 2

• If you are going crazy. Please go to see a counsellor or psychiatrist to get your obssession treated.

• I'm not going berserk or anything 😂i just can't seem to move on...

• you said you feel u're going to go crazy

• fuck somebody neewwwwwwww