How long do guys need when they say they need space?

I wanna be friends with someone who I care about deeply and dob't want to lose but he told me to give him space and he will let me know whether we can be friends or not
is this a good thing or is him saying give him space a polite way for him to tell me he doesn't want to be friends how much time space do you think I should give him

011

What Guys Said 11

• Based on what I've read, him asking for space means he wants you to leave him alone while he sorts out his relationship.

He didn't start seeing her 2 weeks after you broke up, he was already doing it during your time with him, he just his it well for a short time.

Just forget about him and move on.

• I know but I meant to say he told me 2 weeks after dumping me that he was seeing someone else I know very likely he was seeing her when he was with me it makes me angry that he would do that not just to me but to her cheat on me and cheat on her its not a good way to start a new relationship by cheating but at the end of the day if he is happy I am happy for him I told him I was happy for him I can't explain it but I do genuinely want him in my life even if it is just as a friend we had some of the best times together hanging out not arguing no fighting it was when we couldnt hang out I found myself insecure in the relationship and I did often accuse of cheating but I am getting professional help for my mental issues in a short time I have made some changes the old me if he told me he was seeing someone else I would have went psycho but I remained calm and i told him I was happy for him

• When we have argued through text before whenever he has wanted me to leave him alone he has bluntly told me leave me alone but this time he didn't he just said give him space and he will let me know if can be friends or not I dont know only he knows the answer Thank yoj for your advice Thank you

• I'd say he wants time to think about the situation, clearly something you've done has affected him in some way so he'll want a few days, maybe more, just to consider what's happened and if it is really worth him ending the friendship for.

I would say that you should give him space, but if he hasn't replied in a week you could just text him asking if he wants to talk to you about something, but don't force him to say anything and just accept a no.

• Good advice Thank you he told me he recently started seeing someone else this was 2 weeks after he dumped me because I was a crazy ass but I can now see what I done and how it affected him but I am getting help and I am making changes to improve my mental help sure it hurts knowing he moved on so quick after dumping me but I look at it this way if she can make him happy and he is happy with her then I am happy for him I even told him that
      I dont want to lose his friendship I'd rather have him in my life as a friend then never see or talk to him again thats when he told me to give him some space and he will let me know if we can be friends or not
      Im gonna wait a week and send him a happy positive message saying something like hey how are hope all is well hope you are having fun at work
      If he doesn't reply then I know he doesn't want to be friends Thank you for your advice it is really helpful thank you

• Unless he comes back to u in any form don't go and talk to him or text him

• Im respecting his wishes of giving him space I didn't even reply to his message when he said to give him space and he will let me know I want him to know that I am making changes and I genuinely do care about him and I do want us to be friends I feel like we had many good times together we never argued or faught when we together but we did argue through text but that was because of me since then I've taken full responsibility

• Thank you I have so many questions but he is the only one who has the answers I wish he would talk to me in person and we get everything out in the open and if after that he doesn't want to be friends then I will move on its hard to move on without answers but I dont know if he will talk to me he is always going to be someone I am always going to love and care about differentially that will never change no matter how much time passes

• All the best

• Until we get enough women lol

• It's different for different guys and circumstances

• For a friendship that probably means good-bye.

• I know I was just venting he is the only one who knows the answer
      Thank you for your help though

• Good luck

• 5,327 Years.

• Forget about him now

• Probly wanting out and ready to bounce

• The end of the game

• Don't wast your time move on

• He basically wants to call it because you smothered him with attention

What Girls Said 0