How do you deal with a break up?

So I was wondering, after you have been in a relationship that after a couple of years comes to an end, how do you get over it, what do you do to sort of move on.

Me personally, I have a bit of a weep, then break open a bottle of Jack Daniels, watch some tv, go out and have a couple of more drinks at a pub and then a good drunken slumber.

137

Most Helpful Girl

• For me it was about the same every time.
    I use to listen to loud music (mostly metal) in the hope that that would make my thoughts shut up. For some reason I can't cry about a breakup at all and just feel completely empty and numb.
    For the first few weeks I do not have any appetite and lose at least 5-10kg.
    Since I can't get any sleep in the first time I'm gaming and drink tons of coffee in order to remain functional during the day. I try to do stuff with friends daily because I can't stand to be on my own.
    It takes me about a month till I can sleep trough at night again and about half a year till I'm not feeling that down anymore.
    Thats also about the time I'm starting to feel ready for someone new.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • wow, thats a very open and heartfelt message, thank you for adding it!
      i see a lot of it that happend over here, part from the last 2 sentences.

Most Helpful Guy

• That depends on how the relationship was going but basically, I try to keep my mind busy... family gathering, go out with some friends, gym... exercise really helps me when I want to disconnect from the world... so find something that you really enjoy... that makes you forget the world.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Very useful answer, thank you man

• Thanks man, and you too :)

• Thanks! 👊🏻