Do I leave my violent girlfriend?

My girlfriend has been violent with me. She threw a wooden spatula at me when we were arguing in the kitchen and called me an idiot who deserved it. After which, I threatened to leave her and I took off. She found me the next day at a friend's place begging and crying.
She guilt trips me into staying with her. She says things like, you're my soulmate and if you break up with me I have no reason to live.

I don't know what to do?

53

What Girls Said 5

• She sounds abusive, both physically and mentally. You need to leave and find someone who won't do that to you.

• Yes leave her. That is abuse and emotional blackmail. You need to get out. If she says she's going to harm herself, don't fall for it. Tell her you'll call 911 and her parents if she makes that threat.

• My ex was never violent, but he was manipulative and thought he could get away with mistreating me emotionally and in order to pull me back he would say those things too, that I was 'the one' and he would kill himself if I left. But they are manipulation methods, if they truly loved you then then they wouldn't do those things. Take the courage and leave, the behaviour only gets worse. There is no way that you will be happy in this relationship in the long term. It will be hard but once you make your decision, stick to it and don't crumble and go back. Once you leave you leave, so make the decision carefully. It's tough but doable and you deserve more.

• If she can throw a spatula at you now, then she will slap you in future lol. Leave her entitled ass.

• Yes!! Please leave her

What Guys Said 3

• Well, you might have actually been an idiot and deserved it. So don't rule that out. If not, counseling might be worth a shot. No shame in it. Sometimes an outside perspective is all that is needed.

• It is only going to get worse. I myself am in a bad one as well. She is/was has potential still to be. I have heard that one too, I am going to kill myself, she never did. I have been slapped, concussed with a Klein Spud wrench, cut with a butcher knife, and been to jail over domestic crap a few times, both of us. I have gotten to a point I am miserable, have lost most good things in my life such as the hard fought custody of my youngest child who just turned 16... Yet I feel powerless to break away, always hoping that it will be better and love conquers all, our violence has stopped but now I don't have my kid, I am bitter and mad all the time and no longer the happy person I was... Do yourself a favor, don't be like me... GET OUT... AND I MEAN RUN, DONT WALK... NOW, AS FAST AS YOU CAN. Don't wait till you feel that your too vested, and the woman mentally beats you down into believing it all started with you and that she loves you and all can be forgiven, because you will find that though you may say all is forgiven, it really truly never will be.

• I've called 911 on a girlfriend who hit me. Twice. I wasn't going to play that game with her. If I hit her back, I go to jail, if I try to restrain her she has bruises and I look guilty