Is there any way to stay friends?

I recently broke up with my girlfriend. We've been together almost a year but I moved away. We kept the relationship going long distance, but I didn't feel like it was working out PLUS I was beginning to have feelings for another person. I didn't want to cheat on my girlfriend so I broke up with her and she hasn't taken it well. I tried to explain that it really was nothing bad on her, I just thought that we should both move on to other people. The last message I received from her was that she didn't want me to talk to her. I don't suppose there's any way we could continue to be friends after this, is there?

32

What Girls Said 3

• You sound like my ex boyfriend, similar situation. We were together for a time and had to broke up because I moved to another country. None of us took it well but we still kept in contact cuz we were more mad at the situation rather than each other. I still have some kinds of feelings for him and when he told me he got together with one of my close friends back then a few weeks ago I told him I didn't wanna talk to him, he said he wanted to stay friends but truth is it wouldn't work out. Like you said yourself... you should move on to other people, and that's what she is trying to do so I'd say no, it's not possible right now at least for you to stay friends.

• Nope, you should respect her decision. No one wants to feel like they are a backup plan.

• No, you are a coffee.

What Guys Said 2

• Leave her be. Let her get over you

• Respect her wishes, and move on.