He got very controlling. Am I really wrong for this?

i was living with my boyfriend in his new apt for a few months and we had issues before I even moved in , so when I did move in he got very controlling and he also got very demanding and I warned him that he would loose me if he didn't stop , so in the very early hours of the morning at about 2 o clock in the morning , I grabbed all my clothes and belongings and quietly left. His sisters and family keep calling me telling me how wrong I am for just leaving him with all those bills to pay by his self, I was not on the apt lease but I was paying half the rent. I'm not getting back with him ever again , I just wanna know how you guys feel about the way I went about leaving this relationship?

As far as the relationship, I was not allowed to go out with friends. He was warned many times that I would leave, I don't owe him rent because I had left at the first of the month and rent was payed

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Leaving a guy to pay the rent isn't something to joke around with. That's wrong on a LOT of levels. If he was expecting you to help out then you should have given him time to figure out a way for him to pay the bills. Or send him some money til he gets back on his feet. Imagine if your next boyfriend did that to you. What goes around comes around. You got lucky you werent on the lease because you would have been seeing him in court very soon.

But if you knew things werent looking too good BEFORE you moved in then...why would you move in knowing problems are floating above your head? Would you go on a long road trip with a car that could break down at any second? I hope not! You should have fixed the issues before hand. Either way...you did the right thing by walking away from his abuse but you could have done it in a better way than him ditching him to pay the bills all by himself.

What Guys Said 2

• thats kind of faulty HOW you left but I can't blame you FOR leaving. you should of gave him the courtesy of telling him face to face though. ditchin out in the middle of the night is kind of cowardly.

• But if I would of told him he would of started a whole big argument and I had warned him before about his actions and told him id leave him if he kept acting that way.

• U go gurl. Left homeboy with all the bills ha ha.

What Girls Said 1

• apart from owing him rent, you could have saved yourself from a severe abusive relationship. What he was doing were RED Flags. You left an abusive relationship (good for you)! Maybe you can explain that to his sisters & Family