Why doesn't my boyfriend compliment me anymore? I want to break up?

I don't think he's attracted to me anymore. In the beginning when we were dating, he would constantly like all my pictures on social media and tell me I'm beautiful, sexy etc etc everyday but now that he's gotten comfortable, he doesn't say anything. We've been dating for 6 months.

525

Most Helpful Guy

• Let him know that you miss that he says those things. Maybe spend sometime apart. Not a 'break', but you go do some things that doesn't involve him. Then, after a couple weeks of not hanging out with him, why not ask him to take you somewhere nice. Dress up a bit, and maybe he'll say it then. If not, then your best bet is to move on. Then again, it's early in the relationship. I'd just call it quits and find someone who will make you feel good.

What Guys Said 24

• Like others have said, this is sorta normal once the newness wears off. Younger guys really don't have a mature skill for this. They try really hard in the beginning to gain your affection, but then once they have you, it's like they don't have to try anymore.

Now, like @CT_CD said, do you compliment him?

• I do

• Honest and open communication is the key to success for any relationship. Sit him down and talk to him.

• He's probably just numb to it now, I remember doing the same thing, he probably doesn't realize. Talk to him about without bringing up breaking up because that'll just make things worse. You could even try saying those types of things back to him which will make him think more about saying them to you. He might have stopped complimenting you not because he isn't attracted to you anymore but he probably just stopped if you never either gave them back or gave them first.

• It's because he's comfortable he's given up the chase. Once the pray is caught there's no more need to continue to coax it. You should start to be distant and see if you can attract the hunter again. Don't break it off just yet. Just out him at arm's length just to kind of let him know "you don't need him" that should bring his hunter side back

• Definitely the worst suggestion here. And it's called called manipulation. Relationships should be built on trust and openness, not by manipulation. It will lead you to count on such tricks until you'll distance each other so much there won't be any means to get back.

• she said she wants to break up and the fact that he "doesn't say anything" and they've only been dating for 6 months means the relationship is pretty new. She just needs to give him some space to see if he comes back. That'll out the spark back. Or tell him that she wants to break up over it and they can fight about it and end things on a bad note

• You're thinking of breaking up with him over this nonsense and you haven't even talked to him about it?

LOL!

• How is it nonsense? He's not attracted to me anymore otherwise he would say nice things when I dress up

• I'm personally a kiss a$$ myself and would always compliment my partner but he probably thinks: "I've already told her that a bunch of times, does she really need the reassurance? Nah, her and I are cool."

Trust me, if he wasn't attracted to you, he'd have left you. Why not talk with him? Why are people these days so adverse to direct communication? You're assuming SO MUCH and you could be pushing the love of your life away.

I hope you compliment him as well if you're expecting him to.

• Men are not like women. Women are emotional creatures and the longer they are in a relationship the more passionate about their partner they are. Men tend to do the opposite. The longer they are in a relationship, the less they feel they need to try. If he's really comfortable around you he won't feel the need to compliment you 24/7 to stay in the relationship. What you need to do is somehow imply that you want more attention and affection and hope that he gets it. However you should not thrive off of compliments.

• Don't be silly, pumpkin. He still thinks you're super special.
    Normal male behaviour not to say it - he's already made his feelings clear.

• You're too immature for a relationship if you would break up over that.
    Out of curiosity, do you compliment him?

• Maybe he has gotten comfortable, and that's enough for him to lose interest. Stop paying less attention to him and he'll ask you why. Then you can tell him how it's making you feel.

• Make him feel uncomfortable and make him feel that you're wanted by other men , he will suddenly change when he sees that attitude from you

• It sounds like he is banging and cumming in another girl for sure.

• In every relationship people tends to give more preference to drag attention, later their affection turns into love and likes to stay in real world not in the internet world. Recheck yourself is it is a valid reason for breaking up your relation as he didn't like your pics.

• Just because he doesn't like your pictures anymore doesn't me he stopped caring, he's probably just so comfortable with you that it's implied that he would like them and it's just a part of a relationship. Try talking to him about it and see what's up tho

• Do you compliment him?

• Men are not as sociable as women, you can't ask them to be kinda like your friend girls. He still likes you, even if he doesn't say it he still think it.

• Lol is this like your first or longest realtionship? Pretty normal

• then do so

• He takes you for granted , and just assumes he no longer has to make an effort. If you're in a relationship, you have to work at it!

• Tell him how you feel

• Eventually the new relationship high wears off. It always does. Things can still be good, of course.

• I don't know a lot about break ups. But you should talk things out first. It would be bad to end the relationship on a hunch. He might be going through a phase of some kind.

• Because he is now comfortable with you before he was trying to keep you interested but trust me you'd rather him be comfortable with you

• You are right he ignoring you so thats why you shohld do that which your heart says

• are you giving him what he want? keep him interested

• You're gorgeous anon!

What Girls Said 5

• It happens. My boyfriend used to say it all the time too, and more than a year down the line, says it less. According to him, it isn't because he doesn't think that, but he doesn't want to sound like a broken record, and he's used to seeing me.

If it's a big deal to you then bring it up before giving up.

• This. Guys don't want to drive their girlfriends insane by saying it all the time, plus if overused it can seem to lose its value.
      In my own experience, my girlfriend at the time always gave me hell for not liking her posts or commenting on Every. Single. Thing to tell her she's beautiful, etc. Yet I'm just not a huge fan of social media. In light of this, the fact that it was a major expectation was not enjoyable.

• @Fatefulunicorn Which is fair on your end.

• ... did you decide to date him for 6 month's worth of ego boosts?

• Uhm? Look, I'm pretty sure I am not a guy, but don't take it too seriously, does he still talk to you, does he ignore you? Probably not. Just give him some space and be independent, he'll warm back up if you back off for a little bit.

• I've been with my boyfriend for 3 years and today is the first he has ever given me a compliment about anything, he makes me feel beautiful and that's what's important is the actions I use to let it bother me but now it doesn't.

• I've been with my boyfriend for over a year at this point and he doesn't compliment me all the time but occasionally. I think once you've been with someone long enough you don't feel the need to have to constantly say you're beautiful you're pretty or what not because you always are to them and singling out certain moments can sometimes be risky for guys sometimes. For instance if he says you look nice one day he might be worried that you don't think you look nice everyday. When in doubt though talk to him because communication is the best part to a relationship