Do you unfollow him after a break up?

This one’s for the ladies. Do you unfollow him on all your social media after a break up, or is it only if it ends badly. And what are your reasonings for doing so. I usually do for a little while if I had strong feelings and then will sometimes refollow them once I’m ready to be friends (for some reason most of my exes want to stay friends). I don’t know if that’s normal. I just wanted to hear some of your takes on this subject? :)

196

What Guys Said 6

• I'm starting to regret being friends with my ex on social media, it seems that she is trying her best to make me jealous. But usually I never delete.

• This is why I unfollow most of the time because I feel that they instantly try to post things to make you jealous, or maybe it’s all in my head. I like to give it time and then come back when we’re both equally on good terms.

• If you need to keep her in your life I guess it makes sense not unfollowing her. Do pay attention if posts that aimed to you continue to occur and reevaluate how it's affecting you later then, perhaps it's all still too recent.

• Yea if it doesn't get better with time I'll definitley re evaluate following her. Thanks :)

• It depend on the whole situation. It depend on how he take the break-ups... if he is going to stalk you then it good idea to unfriend him. If he is not that low to stalk you and respect the breakups and you both decided to stay friends then why you want to unfriend him? Sadly most breakups didn't go well.

You can refriend him later when you are ready.

• Do you think it’s weird to refriend them if you don’t talk anymore? I’m on the fence.

• I don't think it will be weird if I was in his shoe. Again depend on the whole situation too.

• I am not a ladies.

• I don't have social media. All the failures are there.

• Move on.

• U will want to see each other on SM no matter what u will peak

What Girls Said 19

• If we ended on good terms and remained as friends then pm Facebook I would just block all posts of him from appearing on my newsfeed rather than blocking his profile. On snapchat I would just leave it and I don't have ig so I don't know what I would do there 🤔

• Depends where your heart is at. I assume if things end bad you would dissapear off the earths face. If things were mutual its up to you how the relationship or terms are after. Is there a relationship? Me personally, believe an ex is to be left in the past. There is a reason they don't make it to your future.

• It depends on how we broke up, if it was easy and neither of us freaked out or anything then I would just leave it. If he freaked out, I'd unfollow him. And if I freaked out, I'd probably just unfollow him

• Usually I unfriend on Facebook as I feel it’s a little more intimate than other forms of social media. Instagram, Twitter, snapchat etc I wouldn’t unless it ended badly or they were just annoying in some way or other such as posting to make me jealous or get back at me.

• I unfollow guys for sure. Makes no sense for me to tempt myself with information I don't need to know.

• No...

• Depends on the reason for breakup. My last relationship, the guy became somewhat controlling and clingy so I unfollowed him on everything and I have considered blocking his #. However other ex’s I’ve stayed friends with. If the relationship was unhealthy and I don’t plan on keeping in contact I will unfollow them.

• I would unfollow. I’m not always the bigger person.

• Sometimes unfollowing makes you the bigger person. Most of the time they just want to keep tabs on you. Unfollowing doesn’t always have to be a negative action. I think it’s just perceived as that way. :)

• If it's ends badly I'd definitely unfollow them or I was the one hurt. If not, no I wouldn't

• I don't unless something really nasty happened at the end, no need to give them the satisfaction of thinking I care enough to take time to do so!

• Yeah, I didn’t want to give him that satisfaction either. But then I realized that it literally takes 4 seconds out of my day to do it lol so why not. I feel as though people who try to make you feel bad for deleting someone from your life are the real losers. Sometimes you have to take care of yourself and your mental/emotional health before anyone else.

• I completely agree though it's not the physical time it takes to unfriend someone but the thought behind it, I don't bother

• There's a wide range of normal on this matter. Personally not friends with any ex as all previous relationships didn't end well, but I always found better for me to not have them around and 'haunting' new relationships...

• I normally take them social media for a while if not forever. No matter who broke up with you I don't want to see their posts and im sure they wouldn't want to see mine 😊

• I don't unfollow because I want to keep knowing about his life even though I can't do it from a close distance anymore..

• To be honest I wasn't going to unfollow my ex since he wasn't the type to post a lot so it would just be there. But he soon after the breakup he started posting about meeting his soulmate and such bullshit so I unfollowed. He came back 3 months later so I blocked

• If it ends badly, then yes. Seeing him makes me think of what we had and how much it hurts.

• Well I really only use Facebook as far as social media. But yes I do unfollow them/ unfriend them. I mean maybe some people are ok with their exes still being on their SM accounts but for me it's like why?

• I would

• yes i would unfollow

• It depends on how bad the relationship or breakup was. If it didn't end badly I didn't unfollow them.