Is the phrase "It's not you, it's me" true or false?

Do people just say it to avoid hurting the other person or is it really their problem? What do you think is the difference between guys and girls who use that phrase?
  • True
  • False
  • Other
    Vote C

826

Most Helpful Guy

• It's never their problem lol just something to get shit done ya know , I don't use that I say I'm becoming religious and knowing women haram gets shit done quicker

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it truly depends on the situation and the context. Sometimes people know that a person is not right for them and that's the nicest, albeit cliched way of saying it. Other times they could be hiding something and don't know how else to say they no longer want to be with you.

Humans are constantly evolving and changing, and sometimes I think are needs and wants change and it's no fault of the other person, so in that case saying "it's not you, it's me" would be entirely accurate.