We broke up a month ago, I was hoping to get back together but gave him space after he ignored me, he is now in a new relationship, advice please?

He did try to apologise after the way he went on, but he was calling me at 4am when I'd to work, and I was furious with him. Any time I tried to talk to him after that he's ignored me. I left it to give him time as he knows how to contact me and I didn't want to overwhelm him with messages, I blocked him on Facebook as it hurt too much. After a few weeks silence I unblocked him and discovered he put on Facebook that he was in a relationship, I don't want to contact him as it's not fair to annoy him if he is happy with someone, i intend on blocking him again after 48 hours. But I'm hurting a lot, how little i meant to him, was he talking to someone while we were dating, it doesn't say who it is and I don't want to know. I feel sick and I've only started to socialise again after the break up and I just want to go back into my room and never leave.
is he rebounding or did I just not matter?
What can I do to feel better?

65

What Guys Said 5

• I think he is rebounding, if I was the guy I'd try to get anything to distract me from the pain and another relationship does that very well. You did definitely matter, he wouldn't have just never talked to you again if he wasn't incredibly hurt from what you did. The best thing you can do to feel better is spend more time with friends, try to always be around someone so that you don't go into the hole of depression. Getting out more and excersizing will also help

• I was doing really well too, I wish I had never looked, I did message him explaining that I hope he's keeping well and If he could to block me, as it would be easiest for us both instead of waiting 48 hours. I'm sure his new relationship doesn't want to see pictures of us from a few weeks ago popping up on his page. He's ignored me again.
      Which I understand as it's a weird message.
      I'm going to have to try what you said because he clearly hasn't been staying in crying like I have.

• Yeah, same thing happened to me, except for me all my friends were away or working and I got dumped right as summer started so I had no school and I couldn't bare to try and look for a job. Luckily the last 2 weeks of August I got to go camping and the first week of September my best friend managed to stay over for a week. That really helped a lot, anytime during the summer before those weeks I just didn't want to do anything and I stayed in bed all day. It sucked

• Give yourself time, like 6 months or more. Time has a way to heal and correct things to where they should be.

• Leave him be. if he wants you he'll come back but don't wait up or contact him about it.

• Get new boyfriend

• 0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Despite if he's rebounding or not, who cares. Leave him enjoy his life, you're far better off without him.

He had the nerve to be spending his time chatting with someone while you two were together, that's completely unfair to you. If he was bored with the relationship, or his feelings changed thats one thing, but to be basically conversing with possible love interests while being in a relationship with you, thats low.

Breakups are never easy. I think you did the right thing to block him, and cut contct with him completely. Now it's time to think of yourself! Let him move onto someone new, and you move forward in your own life.
    Try to keep busy, or keep your friends close and open up to your family, people who you trust to share how you're feeling. Talking does help, but it's also a vicious circle, as feelings do come around again. You two haven't been broken up long, it can take anywhere from months to years to get over someone, but it's all up to you now.
    Focus on yourself, do things each day that make you happy. Get into a hobby or interest, get out with friends (even if you dont feel like it) getting out will help you take your mind off the breakup and let you enjoy spending time with those around you.
    Treat yourself to some comfort food, and have a movie night in for a change if you'd prefer. Invite some of your girlfriends over, joke around with them and watch funny movies. It can help wonders.

Also, don't let this one person decide your happiness. Don't let him make you feel like you'r worthless or you will never be able to find someone else, because you WILL. You deserve someone FAR better, who will make you feel happy, safe, comfortable, secure, and bring you more positivity to your life than anyone ever could.
    I went through a terrible relationship in the past, and all my life (I'm 24) i've only had two relationships. I learned a lot from the first one. After the breakup I learned that there's no reason to let someone have control of my happiness, and there's no point of being upset about something that isn't my fault. I gave it my best, and the guy didn't respect it, nor appreciated it. So screw him. Just as this scenario here. Don't place the blame on yourself. You were happy before you met him, and you can certainly be happy again on your own.
    You'll get through it. Give yourself time, let your heart mend and focus your time, attention, energy into treating yourself and doing things to benefit you.
    Best wishes

• Thanks, this is really sound advice I'm just hurting a lot but I'll pull through it. I did message him to ask to block me as I couldn't for 48 hours and he's just ignored me again. I know I'm better of without a 33 year old man child who doesn't drive and lives at home with his parents, but it hurts that I meant nothing, however you've gave me a lot to think about thank you

• You should be more concerned about getting yourself together and less about trying to feel better. He is in a new relationship, so that says a lot about who he is as a person. Learn from your mistakes and move on with life. That is what you should do.

• Im sorry, but he moved on to quick to let the situation even take its toll. He may of been pursuing this relationship prior to your break up. All you can do it make your self available, keep yourself busy, and far most stay strong

• He's removed his relationship status from his page now and it just says no relationship status to show, it was only up for three days and didn't say who he was with so now I don't know what's going on there was a couple of girls I didn't recognise messaging on it, so I don't know his best friends that are ok with me after everything took nothing to do with it. So I don't know what's happening now
      I messaged him and asked him to block me, to avoid my curiosity torturing me, and he did so, I feel better he tried to make things cool with me but I just told him after the ignoring and moving on to someone new in less than a month things are tbf going to be cool, he just avoided all questions and I just told him if he's happy I'm glad for him. I'm trying on outfits for the weekend, it's my first proper night out after the break up, I'd sorta isolated myself because I was so sad, I'm getting my hair done so I'm going to go out and have a good night and if I meet someone I do and if not fine

• You block him on social media means you don't wanna see him at all. What a normal person does is to get this message and looks for something new, a new person, a new body to forget you. Clearly you do not matter anymore, which does not mean you did not matter at all.

Just go out, improve yourself, do stuff you like, stop blocking and unblocking him like a little kid, and if necessary go get your own rebound boo.

• This is the first time I unblocked him, I wouldn't have minded but it said he was in a relationship two days ago and I freaked out that all of a sudden the photos I have tagged of him suddenly popped up so quickly after it. He has now blocked me on my request, I have deleted his number last month so no more stupid mistakes on my end. It's my friends 30th birthday so I'm going to gage how I feel and try to put myself out there, no body wants a Debbie downer out for their birthday so if I feel good I'll go out, if I don't I'll focus on what I can do to improve, I'm just hurting and sad at the moment and it's my own fault

• Why did you break up?

• I would be pissed off ignore him