How to know if you're still hurt from rejection in the past?

Year ago, I liked a guy at a place where I used to go for work. I used to look at him. One day he was silent. I asked him and he refused to tell me. When I asked the third time he insulted me that I had no concern asking him. I should mind my business and stop staring at him. He rejected me. He said to me that he was not interested in me, I should not waste my time in thinking about him. I was very much moved that I decided to quit my work. But I did not. However, I observed him staring at me secretly after that episode. But whenever he saw me noticing it, he moved his eyes away. After a few days I left. It has been a year. And I heard he got married. I still miss him. I wish he could not have hurt me. Or did I deserve it? Am I going through an emotional trauma? I think of him usually. And wish he could have said at least sorry to me.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• There are many possible explanations for why he treated you that way. Maybe he found you attractive but was already engaged and was angry that he was not able to date you. You will never know the reason and you should not take his behavior as an insult to you because you really don't know WHY he did it.

What Guys Said 1

• You still think about it

What Girls Said 1

• Well it's not like you had a relationship with him, it was only a crush. Move on and find a guy who actually talks to you.