How to know if you're still hurt from rejection in the past?

Anonymous
Year ago, I liked a guy at a place where I used to go for work. I used to look at him. One day he was silent. I asked him and he refused to tell me. When I asked the third time he insulted me that I had no concern asking him. I should mind my business and stop staring at him. He rejected me. He said to me that he was not interested in me, I should not waste my time in thinking about him. I was very much moved that I decided to quit my work. But I did not. However, I observed him staring at me secretly after that episode. But whenever he saw me noticing it, he moved his eyes away. After a few days I left. It has been a year. And I heard he got married. I still miss him. I wish he could not have hurt me. Or did I deserve it? Am I going through an emotional trauma? I think of him usually. And wish he could have said at least sorry to me.
2
1