The love of my life have a genetic disease, breakup reason?

My girlfriend can't get rid of the water in her body meaning she have to use special clothes and machines to decompress. But it isn't perfect so she bloat a bit every year.

We've been together for 11 years and while I love her very much I am no longer attracted to her and there is nothing she can do to help that.

She got it from her mother, who got it from her mother and so on. They are both very large and their extremities are enlarged from the disease. This means that if I have a daughter she will get it too.

I'm when it comes to kids: I want them to be mine, I don't want to addopt.

So what do you think? Piece of shit superficial guy or justified?

22

What Girls Said 2

• If that's something that stops you wanting to be with her then she's not the love of your life

• Better you realize now than to lead her on. If it bothers you it bothers you but let her down gently

What Guys Said 2

• Justified, totally normal to have these thoughts. My wife had three liver transplants and needs a kidney transplant, not sure if her feet will recover or if she's wheelchair bound. I get it, it's a serious moral issue, but you do have to think about yourself / your future and it's normal to wonder what's best. I think you have to sort of be there to get it.

• it sucks and a lot of people see it as you being an ass, but those people are small minded. you have wants to just like she does and yours are not being met. Relationships are mutual where both people are fulfilled. Its 100% ok for you to want out even if it feels wrong