Why does my ex girlfriend keep talking about her new boyfriend randomly?

So this relationship was everything to me and it killed me and still does. She got a new boyfriend two months later, and we still talk and she brings him up randomly, like for example I asked how she was, she said good then right after she said her and babe, her new boyfriend, were together for two months now, and a stuff like that. Is this to torture me or something? I told her I’m always there for her and I whatnot because I know how it is to be lonely and I still have strong feelings but o decided that I would sacrifice happiness and deal with all the pain in hopes that one day in the future we could try again. She does things like when I ask her if I text or talk to her to much she says I don't know, when if I was she was luck straight up say yes because she is honest like that. She asked why I didn’t talk to her when I was in the store with my best friend who is her friend too when we seen her, and I was shocked, because I feel like a nuisance to her and so I just don’t know what to take out of all this. I’m trying my best to hold on but it all confuses me.
2
1