I'm in love with my ex who has a new girlfriend. How do I get him back?

We dated for 3 years and then were off and on for 2. I wanted to see what else was out there for me in the world and we both weren't mature enough for such a serious relationship.

I've been in a couple other relationships but none of them come close to comparing to what I had with this guy so I recently got in touch with him again.

I knew he had a girlfriend but, and I'm saying this in the nicest way possible, she isn't that physically attractive so I thought I still had a chance at getting him back. I made him dinner last week and he revealed that they have a great relationship and she buys him everything and takes them on dates a lot. She has one up on me.

Still, it didn't stop him from holding me and kissing me and telling me that he wants to be with me again but he knows someone has to get hurt.

We've talked and texted since that night but it's hard to see one another because of his girlfriend. I want to know if I have a real shot here or if I'm just wasting my time. I thought of asking him directly but I don't want to push him into her arms.

Another key fact is that they claim to have been official for almost a year but during this past year he has been at my side whenever I needed him and we did have a sexual relationship (before I knew he was seeing her).

Any words of advice? I wouldn't be doing this or asking this if I didn't believe that he is the one for me.
0
2