Move to another city to get away for a few months?

I'm moving away to another city for 4 months but plan on coming back, I feel that I need to just get away for a few months, away from my family, and everything I know to experience being completely independent...have any of you done that? would you want to? why or why not?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• kind of. I've done internships in cities across the country and I loved it. I love working and exploring a different place. it opens me up to new things and gives me a different perspective on life

What Guys Said 2

• Done it a few times. Sometimes I get the urge to take off so I just go. I wake up one morning and get that idea of taking off then can't let it go. One time I ended up in Alaska for 6 months. Was quite fun actually. I say go for it, you get a whole different perspective when you get back. If you come back.

• Ya. I moved to a city 500 miles away from my home town because things started to suck here. Friends were all getting on drugs, and I needed a change. So I went to college there too and lived there 5 years. It was the best thing I ever did.

What Girls Said 1

• ahh I wish I could. I just want to kind of find myself for me, you know? not worry about other people's expectations, just do what I want.