My last 2 ex's cheated on me and I don't understand it is it me or is it them? I didn't think I was that bad...

826

What Guys Said 26

• Strange... I had this one figured out straight away when my first live in partner cheated on me, it was a combination of factors, not least of which was her low self esteem, add to the mix my workaholism and me taking several weeks out of town to help my retiree parents renovate their home interstate, and hey Presto her unemployed sleeze bag ex feeds his pathetic ego nailing her in my bed while I'm out of town. Guilt and remorse get the better of her and she confesses the whole deal to me several months later, I'm glad she's honest and take it extremely well, but let her know in no uncertain terms our relationship is over as it's now unfortunately got an unhealthy dynamic of distrust in it. That was the part that threw me, she honestly expected in light of what had happened despite personally accepting the fact I should have been there for her, because of her honesty that I would some how want to keep her in an unsound and potentially unhealthy relationship. So I guess my answer is "cheaters have potentially two problems a) low self esteem b) a complete failure to gauge the ramifications and outcomes of their own actions" best if luck and take the whole experience as a growing one, and thank your lucky stars you dodged a bullet.

• Some guys buy girls.. some guys think it’s manly... mostly it’s because they find a girl irresistible. though.

• No excuse, they are fucking assholes. If someone has the urge to cheat and can't fix the relationship to avoid it, they should just leave. I also consider women who cheat to be assholes as well. No reason to cheat, just leave.

• For real id rather them leave and give me a reason then to just cheat and let me find out and me not get a reason

• You go for the wrong guys?

• men are designed to be promiscuous, next time you are in a relationship tell the guy, if he want to sleep with another girl, he better ends things with you.

besides, you aren't that witty that is why they cheat, or maybe not a freak in the sheets

• you're either making sex hard to get or giving it a too much price, or you're not giving effort to anything in the relationship, or your character pushes them away after a wile, cause cheating happens usually after getting to know each other more and not liking something and not finding way to fix it which creates a gap, so when they find someone who would fill it, they would go to blindly !

• Giving it a too much price what does that mean?

• Uh got ya Thank you for explaining thank you

• @Little-ButterflyGirl you're welcome ;)

• My last girlfriend cheated on me 4 times. Some people are just bad people. It's absolutely not your fault

• It's always the cheater. You don't need to give some one an excuse to cheat. They will create one themselves.

• Because they're not sexually compatible.

Either he feels he's not getting enough sex with his partner or the sex is terrible but everything else in the relationship is great.

That's why it makes sense to find out if you are compatible early on, before a strong emotional attachment develops.

• Same reason why women cheat.

Because they're inconsiderate a$$holes who are too stupid/lazy to get into an open relationship.

• its them, its not you, anyone who cheats is a asshole/cunt

• I am (luckily) a guy that have never cheated, nor have I been cheated on. Yet, in many cases I think it is done because of insecurity to go through with the actual break up. And of course cowardness. Instead of facing a tough conversation and tears, they cheat. It is an absolutely ridiculous and terrible way to do it, and it does not excuse it, but it may explain it.

• I asked the same question about the women I've dated all but one cheated on me just wonder why they do it

• I don't know because I'll never cheat because I know how it feels it's bs

• Nor would I I have had it every time I've dated then when u thought I meet that one got married then found out she was slept with 3 other guys be hind my back

• They wanted sex

• Not all but you should wait.

• Guys cheat

• Neither them or you is bad

It was bad connection between you guys.

You will find someone surely
    Wo love you and care about you more than you.

Good time takes time.

• At least you found out so you could ditch the arseholes

• Do you do everything they want sexually

• when affection is greater than love

• Mostly guys do it

• Because they are unsatisfied

• Unsatisfied with what? I did everything for him

• Those guys were idiots, you look beautiful. You didn't deserve that to happen to you. I just gave a generalized answer

• Hang on, why do girls cheat that's happened twice to me so it looks a two way thing

• They ware fools one girl is enuff for anyone

• Why do women

• Why do women

What Girls Said 8

• People cheat because they are too much of a coward to end the relationship or marriage that they are not happy in. Instead of working on issues or ending things, they want their bread buttered on both sides and want to make it easier on themselves by cheating.

• Girls cheat too, just putting that out there. I'd imagine it has a lot to do with them not really caring about the person that they're with, not thinking about them or their feelings, and because it's something that they aren't meant to do so it seems like such a fun thing. Long story short, it's because they're selfish

• coz another woman is throwing herself at him and he has no morals or respect for you so he grabs the opportunity. it goes both ways. sometimes, there is nothing wrong with their s/o, it's just some people cannot say no to temptation.

• It's the cheater. Out of the 8 relationships I've been in. All but two have been cheaters.

• Sometimes men just want diversity... Sounds weird but it's actually accurate. Some of them have higher levels of testosterone which make them more likely to cheat. However our capacity to choose between what is bad or good is what makes us being different to animals.

• Because male or female, people are shit, especially at a young age.

• Men logic.

• There is no reason behind it