How did your last break-up affect you?

I was actually a rebound for the last guy I dated. It's been almost 8 months since we've talked or seen each other but I still feel like crap.

186

What Guys Said 6

• My last breakup occurred about 4 weeks ago. We dated for three months. I thought that we were very compatible and I thought that we would be together much longer. She started asking about my ability to support her when she retires because she has absolutely no retirement plan, not even Social Security. I broke up with her and I felt good about not allowing myself to be used. I felt disappointed that I had believed her to be of a higher character. I missed having sex with her because we were compatible in bed and she is very attractive for her age. I have started dating again and I am excited about two women who I have met and I have second dates scheduled with each of them this weekend, so I have not let that experience set me back.

• how can you have sex at 62? isn't that bad for the heart?

• I really don't think 62 is old. Some people are dead by my age, don't mean I'm old. It's just life I'm afraid. And yes I agree, if people are well and fit by that age I don't see the problem of having sex 🙌 my experience is that they are better. But that is my personal opinion. Well wish you all the best @OldandWiser

• @Kat_puppies I used to think like you until I actually started talking to older people ☺

• Breakups are always hard, regardless of who initiates it. They do leave you feeling like crap for a period of time. It's important though to remember that what it means is that you've ended what was the wrong relationship which makes you available to find the right person. It's normal to be sad and/or angry at first but it's important to start looking ahead to the future rather than back at the past. You now have the opportunity to get into a better relationship. Take advantage of it by thinking about what you want in a guy and start looking for one!

• Why do u feel bad its his loss you need to snap out of it enjoy life you can't let him hold you back all this time

• Emotionally and mentally. I was upset. 🤦‍♂️🙂🙃😔🙍‍♂️😕

• Made me stronger than ever

• Why are you lying? Women don’t fall in love. They use guys for money and cock. Your not hurt neither are any of these girls.

What Girls Said 18

• It was my hardest break-up ever. I wasn't really able to sleep or eat for weeks. Was basically just... vegitating. I saw him in my dreams almost every night.
    It took me over a year to get over it.

• I would like to think it made me stronger. It was a 5 years relationship and I had to finish it last May. Mental problems and abusive behaviour had to do with the break up. I tried and wanted things to work out for us but despite the wishes I had to break it off because I was blamed for everything and literally everything. It still hurts that he lost me like that, with no effort and after almost 6 years still no effort. Still blames me. Sad but truth. So in the end I'm better off. Don't take me wrong i loved him and it was hard to go separate ways, but it needed to be done.

• It was relief. I am talking a few years back now and I have a new boyfriend.
    He had become lazy, got too comfortable and then let his body and personal hygiene go. So he had to go for those reasons and others reasons too but I ultimately didn't fancy him anymore and couldn't even be bothered to talk to him either. Bye. It was a good decision and I felt relieved and happier than I had been for a long time.

• It affected me because he never really treated me like a girlfriend. He would never text me, never make plans with me, but yet he always had time to be with his friends. I have yet to experience a guy who truly cares for me and shows it. My last relationship affected me because I feel like I will never have a good relationship as others have.

• It absolutely shattered my heart. I was so lost. Every night I cried myself to sleep. Sobs. Gut-wrenching sobs.

• Same for me rn. I can't sleep or eat. I'm so depressed and I keep crying... I hate feeling this way.

• I'm so sorry... I hope things will get better for us both...

• Yeah me too.

• Well my last broke up made me grow as a person and helped me to reach to my full potential I was able to find myself, gain confidence also I became a better version of my self and we got back together.

• happened a few weeks ago it left me heartbroken because I am in love with him and he is my best friend I cried and cried and cried even begged for him to meet me so we could talk and because I am hoping we can be friends because I dont want to lose him completely from my life I know I am the reason the relationship failed but if I could have the chance to have him back I would go back i know what I done wrong if I could have that chance to start over with him things would be different they would be better

• I didn't wanna be in another relationship...

• Ruined my trust in men and confirmed the stereotypes

• It broke my heart I had to let her go she slapped me one time it was over.

• Its been 9 months since my boyfriend and i of two years broke up and i still cry about it. My heart hurts incredibley and i can't listen to any love songs without feeling deppressed. I havnt felt truly happy since then...

• made me loss symathy for people I don't know or don't like,

• I turned nasty and depressed

• In the beginning, I cried while I try to toughen up and comfort myself by saying ," It's okay, things happen for a reason."

The relationship I had was on and off, hot and cold. I don't know what I was thinking, it made me very confuse of my own-self and of him.

So now, I'm okay. I learned my lesson.

• My ex (of 6 months) cheated on me.
    Well.. I discovered that all that time i was with him, he was still in a relationship with another girl and they were together for 3 years.
    I was the side chick...
    So fucked up.

• I'm sorry to hear 😔 I'm here if you need to talk x

• I caught him with her.
      And she went psycho on me.
      I didn't even know about them until I saw them holding hands, going to his place coz he used to live near me. I saw them and confronted both of them.

• Yea that bad that shit can get you killed.

• It didn't he was an ass but hey he'll learn from being a player eventually.

• The best revenge is success by being better!

• I'd like to talk about that, i have a similar case

• @scooogy ok...

• i moved on, didn't effect me much

• I was hospitalized because of it. I have severe anxiety and when my boyfriend broke up with me he decided it would be cool for him to make my life an absolute living Hell with defamation (illegal, BTW) and constant harassment for a year following the break up. I had a mental breakdown because of the constant stress and was hospitalized for 2 weeks before being released by the doctor and put on meds in hopes of stabilizing my condition.

Lucky for me I found a guy an amazing guy that drowns all of those memories.

• Good, I'm glad you're okay <3

• @scooogy nope, he just hated me for God knows what reason. He's just a bitter man-child.

• I hear you, I had that as well.