PLEASE DECODE - inconsistent signs from EX BF- What are his motives?

danid93
So my ex and I had a real bad breakup a month ago. Told me to never contact him again, but state wants me to be happy and wants the best for me even if it is with someone else. Of course I drank on some nights when I went out and called him/texted him. He never ignored me before but some days he got super angry and blocked and sometimes he was nice. I finally realized that he is not worth my time. I have not talked to him for over a week and then a couple of days ago he texts me asking "How are you doing?" (when he was the one that told me he needed space and for me to leave him alone a week before) and then he said the only reason why he texted me was because he was wondering why I called him/texted him so much a week before and that "normal people don't do that" -even though we already talked about it on that day. He made it seem as if I was psycho. Then he proceeds to ask "Have you moved on yet" and said I did not need to contact him the week before since my other ex is near me and I could have texted him or my other friends here unless I was "lonely". The he randomly asked if he can call me. I dont know why. He also accused me of being back with my other ex. I said no and when I told him I moved on, he was like "ok good. i just don't want bad blood. take care of yourself". He was the one that contacted me this time, not me. So I am confused. Then I had to ask him a question about work the next day which he answered to but when I asked him another question regarding our job he ignored it. And then I go on my snapchat and see last night and see that his friend (coworker of mine) put a picture on his story of my ex hugging and kissing this girl he hooked up with right before he was dating me. she has been in love with him and has spread a bunch of rumors about me and he knew how I felt about her. We also we haven't had each other on social media since our break up. Why is he acting like this? I am confused!!!
+1 y
To add to this.. he has been super angry/sad with himself the last month of the realtionship. he knew he wasn't treating me right. we mutually broke up and then kept telling me he wants to work on himself but still wants to be with me. and then i found out sexual messages he was sending to another girl and accused him of it, not in the best way. and made it seem that it was all my fault and cut it off for good with me. we were dating for 6 months.
2
1