How to stop stalking your ex online?

Recently, I have become so obsessed with stalking my ex boyfriend online and kinda freak out that he might get with another Is there is anyway to get over that? We broke up around 2 months ago

321

What Guys Said 21

• First of all, I strongly recomend you to stop thinking like he would come back beging for forgiveness. This is just something that ricles the ego and is a response you get when someone hurt you emotionally. Second of all, you need to learn to forgive. Forgive and move on, not forgive and get back with him. If you hold resentment in your heart, you will never move on. There is a saying that goes like this "love me, I will always be in your heart. Hate me, I will always be in your mind" every emotion triggers thoughts, and thoughts trigger emotions and the cycle continues. So to move on you need to remove him from your heart and your mind. Find activities to replace him (for the thoughts) and forgive him while loving yourself and life (for the emotions). And lastly, people that get in that situation (myself included a few years back) love others so deeply because they don't love themselves. They would rather love someone else then themselves. Learn to love yourself. How can someone love you if you don't love yourself. If you don't learn to love yourself and you don't forgive, then I guarantee you 100% that this experience will repeat itself in the next guy you meet. You don't want to go through this again do u? So learn from this experience the valuable life lessons that mature you, and slowly but surely move on. This is what I did and when I started I was totally crumbeled, 3 years later I don't even think about her anymore. Good luck!

• First, you block him. Then, every time you get the urge to start stalking him, text a friend, tell them that you're doing this and that you need to get out of the house and get your mind distracted. I used to do the same thing, but then, every time I got the urge, I looked at someone or something else instead. Keep yourself distracted. Next time you wanna see what he's up to, see how to cook the perfect steak, or how to draw, or go on Netflix and find a series to get attached to, or download a very addicting game and play for a while, or like I said, call a friend and say "let's go do this" and just get out of the house.

• Oh, that's easy. You download tinder. Go on dates with each of your matches. At each date, you're going to excessively talk about your ex until they just up and leave. Eventually you'll go on a date with a guy who will yell at you for ignoring him and obsessing over an ex that doesn't want to be with you anymore. Then you'll realize what you're doing is unhealthy and make a real commitment to moving on with your life, lol.

• Think of it like its something only degenerates do. Then think of yourself as a degenerate if you keep stalking your ex.

Are you a degenerate?

Or you know... Get busy, focus on your career and keep up with your academics.

• I'm probably not the best person to answer this since I've never understood why anyone would have the desire to stalk an ex. So maybe you can help me understand why you have this desire in the first place. My first instinct (as someone else mentioned) is that you're clearly not over him. But then you later say you would never take them back. If that's true, then why would you care if he got with someone else? He's either still yours or he isn't, and you either still want them or you don't.

• Because he is my first love and it is still hard seeing him with someone else however I will never get back with him cause he treated me so badly to a point there is nothing in the world would remove the damage he caused me

• If it's hard seeing him with someone else, then why would you purposely try to see him with someone else? You're just torturing yourself on purpose. I think @Brewmaster531 gave you the best advice. You need something to distract you and get your mind off him. Treat it like an alcohol addiction and text a friend or find something else to do anytime you get the urge to stalk him.

• For a start get so busy with your own life that you won't have time for this stupid crap. Pursue a hobby if you need and start enjoying life that will go a long way in getting over past unsuccessful relationships. Don't stalk. It isn't worth your time. You are far too precious to waste your time stalking someone and feeling terrible for the rest of the time.

• The best way to quickly get over someone is to get out there and try finding someone else, or (especially with most woman) open your eye's to other guys, (mainly guy friends who actually like you!) and give them a chance... I'm sure they will treat you better! Truth is , if you have to stalk a EX, That means the relationship Ended Very Poorly , there wasn't a clean break-up on both sides! You need more closure with the way it ended. So Actually give a caring guy (Who was FRIEND-ZONED) A CHANCE!

• Yeah you are right
      It ended over message then he kept sending messages asking for money he spent over the relationship then out of sudden went cold turkey

• Sorry.. lol Best friends in a relationship is Key!!!

• Haha are you in love with a girlfriend of yours?

• Yes, it's as simple as stopping.

• Chop off your hands

• Block him

• Your not over him.
    Get over your pride, he's not going to crawl back to you (that is wishful dreams).

Ask him out.
    No not vaguely.
    Be clear.

Text him.
    Something like this:
    I would love to go out for dinner on Friday. Would you mind taking me out?

• Why would I do that? I would never ever accept him back

• I don't know your relationship, nor your past. Its not in your original post.

If that's the case. Move on, its hard some times. But nothing good will come from checking up on him. Let him go. You have made your choice, stick to it.

I don't know you, nor your situation. I can only assume and give you my opinion from what little I know.

• I would just get rid of all my social media

• Hi I think the best way is to keep yourself busy and find a new guy

• Get new boyfriend

• leave the house and find something to do in the CITY!

• Just don't do it

• Find some new things to go and try to talk to other girls to forget about him

• Go outside

• I wonder what causes this. Namely because it isn't a matter of willpower so I can't say "just stop" because you make it sound like a compulsion. Perhaps then you should continue until you find yourself with emotional solace? Or maybe you just have not accepted the fact? I'd pick your brain if I were able.

• Get a life. Get a life going.

• Getting a life of your own away from your virtual social media profiles will help you immensely.

Get a hobby, take up an old interest and I know this might sound crazy but date another people. There's a "lot of fish in the sea". Your ex is not a unicorn.

Sorry if I sound condescending but I have had issues with an ex before and I absolutely abhor them for not leaving me be even after we broke up.

• ... but date other* people...

What Girls Said 3

• just stop checking his profile, block it or temporary delete your account until you're over him.

• You need to block and delete his account and then you need to start by getting rid of everything that he gave you in a relationship.

• If I advise you on this it would be to just delete him so you block your own access, but I'd be a hypocrite if I told you it's as easy as that cause I stalk and haven't been able to stop myself.