Would you date someone if you knew they were leaving the country in the next 9 months?

There's a guy I like and he wants to proceed to a relationship with me, but recently revealed that he has a plan to get a one way ticket to Europe by May 1st and move there. I know a lot of people say they want to move there and it never actually happens. It's just a dream. I told him to me it's a waste of time knowing the relationship would end in x amount of time. He also admitted that he's not getting married again, so any relationship he enters will end.. it's inevitable. The time just isn't predetermined. I told him saying that his relationships are short lived is sabotaging himself .And I would just end up being hurt and heartbroken knowing it would end eventually, regardless of how good the relationship was. I told him it was unfortunate he feels the way he does. After him knowing that, he asked where we proceed from here. I told him I didn't know and that it's not something to be discussed via text. He texts me back and says, "So.. tomorrow then?" (We already had plans to hang out prior) It almost sounds like he might be re-considering going and/or thinking about what I said. I can't imagine he'd drive 30 minutes to talk about just being friends. That's something that could easily be said over text.
1
1