How do guys deal with breakups if they broke up with you? And guys with a history of depression are breakups harder on them?

Why do guys shut down and ignore you after a break up? It seems like they don't care at all and that nothing is bothering them.

14

What Guys Said 4

• I tend to move forward very quickly and process the pain of the breakup slowly. I start dating within a few weeks but nothing serious. I have battled depression in the past. If I did not stay active and start dating again very quickly, I would probably ruminate and get much more depressed.

• That's a common coping mechanism. It's really difficult for a guy to revert back to friendship if there has been an intense flow of strong emotions between him and his partner. Therefore putting people aside and trying to forget them is mostly the best working method to stay away from the possible spiral of negative emotions which can heavily effect men.

• Lost a female after 7/8 months, 5 months ago and still feeling shitty now. Taken a toll on work, social life and family. I wouldn't say I have a history of depression nor would I diagnose myself as depressed but I feel very shitty and just sad. I don't talk to the other girl so can't comment on that but me, personally. I would want a relationship, not a friendship.

• Because they are trying to get over you

What Girls Said 1

• Some people are great at masking their innermost feelings.