So I've been in a relationship of 12yrs an I'm just not happy... I want to leave but the guy is a great father (plus I don't want to half to deal wit the where is daddy questions) so I stay knowing that everyday wit this man is killing my spirit... If I try to go he'll go abusive in front of anyone... How do I get out?

What Guys Said 5

• You should definitely go if you think he's going to be abusive. And if you've tried to be happy with him and nothing has worked, then yes, it's time to get out. Convey your feelings to him. Be honest, say the things that will hurt, and go from there. If you have serious reason to believe he will be abusive from that, then you give him no conversation and you go to a trusted relative or friend and you tell him from there what's going on. Just be prepared for the amount of drama that this is going to bring and be careful of how this will affect your kid. It will affect your kid in a negative way, but you being unhappy in that relationship will also affect the kid negatively, so you have to decide what's best for you. But again, I don't care how nice he is now, if you fear abuse, doesn't matter the circumstances of the abuse, you get out of there and make sure you're safe.

• You don't actually believe a word she wrote, do you?

• Get the kids to where they are safe, and even if it is your house and you own it, pack a bag for yourself and have family or a friend ready to take you in, tell the man what's going down, tell him that he has a couple weeks to get his shit out of the house and then get on with your life. Consult a lawyer as soon as these affairs start, just to be on the safe side. Best of luck to you and your kids.

• Thanks that sounds safe

• I knew she was going to claim he'd get 'abusive'.

He deserves better than you. You're basically there because he's supporting you and the kids. Most likely you contribute very little to the family overall. Especially now that you've decided you need to climb back on the Cock Carousel.

Here's how you leave:

Pack your shit (YOUR shit, not communal shit) and GTFO. Don't try to get the court to kick him out but keep making him pay for the house, don't try to weaponize the kids, don't try to steal his paycheck. Just fuckin LEAVE.

• Wow its messed up that u would even think like that but I'm not surprised either... But I'm not going to argue with someone who doesn't matter... The house is mine so he would be packing his shit... Also I have my own money its been like that since we have been together if anyone was shelling out money it was me... No one hast to support me... I support myself... An yes all of my kids r his... Next time ask before u make an ASSume out of urself

• Sure princess. I believe you.

• Its not for u to believe or not too... But what I can say is that I'm not going to waste any more time on someone that doesn't matter... Too Many Of Y'all Unique Gentlemen Around an with that being said... U have a wonderful evening sweetheart

• If he is a great father, leave and give him the kids.

• Why do you want to leave him, can you not fix this?

• He a great father... Our relationship is over

• Yeah but why is it over? Why can't it be fixed? I'd encourage you to at least wait until your child turns 18 just for the sake of its development. Children of divorce are significantly worse off.

• Read that other dudes comment an my reply... My baby daddy have a mind set just like that dude an I can't take it anymore... I need a 50/50 relationship an this ain't it

• C child support could back you up with the father questions

What Girls Said 0