Should I be upset about this?

I dated this girl for like four years. She was the love of my life and It still hurts to think about her. I found out that she had been cheating on me with five different men for a year and a half. It's been six months and my mom is still friends with her. In the past, when I was living with my parents, the ex even showed up at the house when I was there without anyone warning me. For the first few years I tried to be cool about it and let the relationship end gradually, but it's been six years and my mom is STILL talking to my ex and giving her info about me I'm sure. She knows how much this hurts my feelings and she knows I don't want my ex to have any info about me whatsoever (she can call if she wants to hear about me) although frankly, the damage has already been done in that respect.

I have asked her, not demanded, that she stop being friends with my ex, and she has refused. This is just the tip of the iceberg, but I think I am done communicating with my mom if this is how much respect she has for my wishes. It has been like this my entire life and I'm finally realizing she will never change.

• YES
  • NOT SURE
  • NO
    Vote C

12

What Girls Said 1

• Your mom should be on your side first, but cutting her off will only help your ex take more away from you. She already hurt you, don't let her take away your relationship with your mom.

What Guys Said 2

• That sucks mate this is seriously unhealthy behavior from your mom, she should be concerned about your well-being first and foremost and she is undermining that by communicating with this woman. 5 guys? No competent mother would want this whore anywhere near their son. Sorry for the course language. If what you are saying is true then your mom needs her head read and you have every reason to be severely pissed off. Put your foot down, make it very clear that this must stop if your mother values her relationship with you, and if not she is the one that is effectively ending the relationship. Women tend to avoid conflict so she may not have the guts to cut this woman off, tell her it's not an option she has to do it. Not sure if your relationship with your mom is OK in other ways, I would not suggest cutting off your mother is something to be taken lightly but in some cases you have no other choice. However it should be last resort. Sorry about your situation, I hope it improves.

• Cut contact with your mom if she cannot keep her mouth shut.