Why did ex want to see me five months after BU?

So break up with first boyfriend for sexually assaulting me as he was becoming pressuring, dishonest, disrespectful, and apathetic. I'm 19 and he's 24. Four weeks after the breakup (August), I saw him at a concert with a new girl. He acted like he didn't know me, saw him and the girl flirting, and the new girl even smiled at me. That hurt me sooo bad, and I vowed to never talk to him again. Two weeks after the concert, he texted me at 1 in the morning, and when I didn't respond, he told me he was going to delete my number, which I thought he did. TURNS OUT NO. Talked to him for the first time this month since July. He said he wanted to check up on me. He stopped replying, and that was two weeks ago. Well he messaged me again yesterday and asked how I was again. Told him I was fine, and he then said he was good. Then said "I wanna see you. So I then told him, "Cool. Really? Why?" And he started typing, then stopped. He didn't reply and removed me from Snapchat a few days ago. I don't know what I did wrong. I thought he was going to apologize or something.

22

Most Helpful Guy

• He was toying with you. For some reason, assholes like this want to keep you in check and make sure you haven't moved on or anything. He feels like he owns you for some reason. Don't talk to him anymore, block all social media with him and if he finds a way to contact you, just tell him to leave you alone. What a jerk. But don't let him back in your life at any level.

• I know. I regret replying. I was trying to be cordial. And I'm scared because I might see him at an event next week, and I'm scared of what he might do.

• Smh, i was shocked. He must really think I'm foolish. But I don't know, even though I hhave met guys since then, a part of me wants to talk to him. I don't know

• That's normal. But just keep replaying in your head what it's like with him and you'll will know it's a bad idea to talk to him. Our brains treat break ups the same as a loved one passing away, even if it's a good thing it's over. You essentially have to grieve. If you talk to him though, you're reseting the stages of grief back to step one. Don't talk to him and don't try to see if he's hanging out with anyone. Just let him go. At least for a year

Most Helpful Girl

• he might still have feelings for you

but ill give you a head's up, never get back together with your sexual abuser because it is never a good idea

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he still has feelings for you. If he's anything like me, after a breakup, i want to see them move on and be happy

What Girls Said 1

• Fuck that dude, he treated you bad, girl, you can do better, you should block him on everything and be happy that you aren’t with him