Is it normal to feel this way?

I ended a friendship with one of my guy friends. We fell out of contact on and off because he tends to date really possessive women who don't like him having female friends. The last time we were in contact we messed around, I fell really hard for him and I thought he felt the same. I asked him how he felt, he replied "We'll always be friends" (which admittedly should have been obvious that it was never going to be more than a friends with benefits arrangement but I was so blinded by my feelings for him I didn't realize it). He was telling me that we would always be friends then calling me cutesy little names like love muffin, which led to confusion on my part then he starts rushing me to have sex with him (I didn't thankfully, but we came close). We messed around but that's all. The next day I find out he's back with his ex AND that he was also leading another girl on. I back away. A few nights ago he contacts me on Facebook. He and the ex are engaged now and I want nothing to do with him. I was really hurt and I'm finally starting to get on with my life and get over him. I told him that I didn't want him as a friend anymore and he responds by simply saying "Bye".

I don't know why he's contacting me when he's marrying her (most likely because he's being selfish), but am I wrong for feeling guilty about ending the friendship? Is it normal to feel that way? Did I do the right thing?

02

What Guys Said 2

• You're not wrong. That guy seems like a scumbag and he hurt you and kinda knew what he was doing. Don't feel guilty. You need to protect yourself.

• Yes! You did the right thing! The "bye" he sent you says it all who he is. He is in it for the attention and sex. If you want to get hella petty, send them a card when they get divorced :)

What Girls Said 0