Can ex’s get back together after a long time apart?

I was on and off with this guy for a year and a half. And we had a pretty complicated relationship. He broke up with me at the beginning of this year and now the years almost over. This is the longest we’ve ever broken up before. He was so frustrated with how complicated everything was it made him really hostile towards me and he wanted space, and I wanted him so bad I never gave it to him. So he blew up at me and blocked me and said he hated me. But I’ve seen him a few times since then. He was surprisingly nice to me. And even smiled. I wonder if he’s ok and if he’s over being mad at me. Things are different now though. But I know him so well, if we started things back up, it would be like no time has past. I ran into his dad and he told me my ex quit his job but I know the reason that he told his dad was a lie. I know he quit because he’s depressed. I know he’s at home all alone and I’m so sorry and I want to help him. But I’m still blocked, I tried texting him and it never went through. Maybe he has too much pride to ask for my help again? I wonder if In a few years we can find our way back to each other. I never want to lose him

21

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• Yes they can

• He wants a space. Usually, when there's a problem the only solution is talking with each other to solve the problem. Try to make a contact with him or ask his friends how is he doing at life now (is he good, depressed, stressed?) and what does he think about you... Then you'll now in which position in your (ex) relationship you are now.