How do guys handle breakups?

How do guys handle breakups? Do they immediately start hooking up with other girls? Does a guy ever feel bad about a breakup?

115

What Guys Said 15

• I think it depends on the break up. The first girl I had ever been with broke up with me a few times and never let me get over her before she took me back. I spent some time crying but never got very far.

Then I broke up with her after realizing that AI wasn't allowed to give the relationship my 100% without being judged and called cligny if I texted her more than a few times a week.

When I broke up with her, I had a few rough days but I was quickly able to take a step back and grow personally from the relationship and I realized that the fact that I have so much to offer and am open with my emotions will give me an advantage when I find the right relationship.

• Depends on the relationship we've had.

My first girlfriend and I spent a long amount of time together but got bored of each other over time, break up was really chill.

Something like my fourth one, we barely spoke to each other inbetween classes and homework so we basically couldn't function, just broke it off.

Fifth one though, when I settled down and started putting my heart full into a relationship only to be cheated on, I spent my weekend bawling on and off and hating myself for not being good enough at random interval until I just called her a bitch and went on with my life.

• To be honest, I never really cared. It didn’t mean I didn’t care about my past relationships, it just meant my own personality can’t feel attached to ANYTHING. I try to worry about things that everyone else seems to worry about like a normal person, but I just can’t be bothered. A lot of things that bother people don’t bother me, so if I were to experience another breakup, I’d honestly move on in 5 minutes mainly because I have enough self confidence and love for myself.

• Some guys go into ‘rebound’ mode and immediately get into a new relationshp if they have any opportunity at all.. just like girls.

Many guys try to erase any trace of the past relationship, by getting rid of belongings that remind them of the relationship, and even ‘break up’ with any of the girls’ friends and all her family.

• There is usually a cooling off period before he starts chasing other women. The loss of a partner is deep... You have to get out of the "this would be so much more fun with ____ here" mindset.

• I never had one, so not a clue

• Well it's been 2 year's since I had a breakup she was my first date but before her I was rejected by 3 other girls

• About my feelings I do feel a bit bad it turned out like that but it's clearly not my fault she was dating 4 or more other guys

• It took me 1 year to move on... pretty much the same way a girl handles a break up I guess. No I didn't hook up with anyone.

• Myself personally I try to move on from the thought as fast as possible but won't immediately ask around to hook up.. I know friends however who won't be able to move on from the break up for months

• Go workout, practice some sports, play games or watch new tv shows and movies, party more than usual so as to meet new girls..
    that works for me

• I don't speak for others, but I feel horrible after break ups and I don't just rush off to other women after

• Drink. feel sad. Rebound sex

• Depends on what kind of relationship, or I just try to get over it but nobody knows me here anyway, yes I have cried over a breakup

• I hang with friends an learn new things

• Depends

What Girls Said 1