Is this cheating?

blubaloo
My ex and I were together for about 7 years until I broke up with her because her difficult issues and how she would ignore any attempt in the working on the issues but I still deeply loved her.

A few months after the breakup we would see each other every now and again until I asked her if she would like to work on things with me. She suggested couples therapy which I was for but she had also paid to sign up for a dating site called Plenty Of Fish and had met someone that month that she was considering being with.

I understood that she doesn't want to be alone and can do whatever she wants. I asked her to decide and she said she had to think about it. She told me that she was attracted to him because he reminded her of me. While she wasn't sure what she wanted, she focused on our issues while ignoring the issues she had with the other guy. I asked her to be fair with me because she wasn't accepting the flaws fairly between both of us.

Anyway she said because of our history that she wasn't going to get back together and date this guy instead. It made me feel betrayed and cheated. Maybe not cheated on but cheated in another way. She knew she was responsible for our break up and admitted she wanted something where she wasn't at fault, to validate herself.

Ultimately I'm grateful that she rejected me because I do not want to be with someone that won't work on the relationship when things get hard. But I still feel like I deserved some loyalty and consideration from her after being good to her for so many years. I regret loving someone so immature but I now have the experience to avoid that in the future.
Is this cheating?
1
5