Guys I need your insight into a guys mind, this one is so hot and cold, I just don't understand?

Okay so my boyfriend of 8 years (4.5 living together) broke up with me 3 weeks ago. He said he was tired of waiting around for me to fix my problems, that there's no spark anymore, that he dosent love me like that anymore. we still live together because he said I can as long as I want. I'm so confused, his actions and his words to match up. He says we just friends, but that he still cares and I make him happy and he still enjoys my company.. he asked me wear the promise rings we gave each other on a chain, said it would be depressing to me throw them anyway.. he still walks around the apartment in just his boxers, dosent mind if I'm not wearing anything either, at first sight I'm going to cry he wants to snuggle (no we don't sleep in the same bed) he keeps calling the apartment "our" place or "home".
BUT he started seeing a 19 year old (he's 23) less then week after we broke up, his already stated at her place (with her parents), he's moving way to fast with this girl for only dating for 2.5 weeks, I keep telling him to slow down because I don't want him hurt. He says he really likes her but at the same i can tell he still has feelings for me.

Guys i need help here! I'm so confused. Is he just going through something? (We started dating when he was 15, we are each other's first) or his he actually over me? Is there any chance we can work things out? We get along better now, we laugh and joke around more then we use to (I think the purssure of him thinking it was his job to make me happy was just to much, he hated being the one to always pick me back because I couldn't do it myself (I'm working on it)
3
0