Girlfriend broke up with me because needs to find herself. How do I handle this?

I’m 29 and my girlfriend is 22. We been dating for 10 months now. Everything was going well. Till she just broke up with me. She said she wants to learn to love herself. She is very body conscious. She wants to be single and not depend on a guy to justify her happiness. She has been with some terrible guys. I not saying I’m perfect. I been great to her, treated her right, showed her a good time and loved her. I know she needs to do this for herself. Should we remind friends? Should I check up her every now and then?
Honestly, I want her back but I need to give her space and time. Sucks!

32

What Girls Said 3

• That is up to her if she wants to remain friends... She broke up with you for a reason. You should heal first by not contacting her at all. Let her find her self and so should you...

• I kinda said I want to be friends but then changed my mind. but i don't know now. She leaves for vaca end of the month and her bday next month. should I even messager her then?

• sure it's her birthday and you are not enemies. but if it was up to me, i'd do strict no contact and just wish her happy birthday in your sleep lol.

• U too go to find ur self and another real girl who would appreciate you

• Check her when your heart says so

What Guys Said 2

• Sorry for your loss, but I don't think she'd leave you for just that reason, she could use your support to eventually fix herself rather than being alone, I think it's just some sugarcoating but either way, you should try your best to move on with the thought that you weren't at fault in mind, also, you could become friends again but only after a while of not being in touch, otherwise it would be hard for you to move on and you could see her move on before you do, so just endure it if you could and try to find someone else, it's the easiest way to get over someone.

• yea I do feel it was sugarcoated. maybe said she stop loving me. Or maybe I'm looking for settle down in a couple of years and she was gonna start law school for 3 years but I didn't pressure her or anything. whatever it is, ill just have to move on.

• Good luck to you, don't lose hope.

• I would look forva new girl