Would you leave your partner after he/she cheated on you?

If you learned that your SO cheated on you, would it be the ultimate betrayal that will lead to a breakup? Have you ever been in that position.. did you stay? What was the outcome of things?

620

What Guys Said 20

• Yes, definitely... when someone cheats on you it shows he/she doesn't longer loves you, because if you love someone you don't wanna hurt them in any way, and cheating on them will definitely hurt them...

People who cheats and gets caught will say sorry and swear it didn't meant anything and that they won't do it again, but in reality they are only sorry they get caught, they knew it will hurt you and still did it anyways, actions speak louder than words...

• have been, it was and i regret nothing

she cheated on me and i ended things right away.
    i'm not the kind of guy who is going to go around worrying about my girl remaining truthfull with me.

if she's so easily seduced by someone, lets herself be seduced, doubts between me and whoever, she should go for the other dude.

• I’d leave and never go back

• I will.

However, there may be times when I am ready to just start all over.
    One of my ex cheated on me. I remember trying to forgive her, trying to save the relationship but I remember that she could do it again.
    I eventually ended it and never spoke to her again.

• i would break up cause even minor cheating by the SO would mean that they are not entirely pleased by what they have and that makes me sad and angry
    luckily hasn't happened yet😀

• Yep.

They can pack their stuff and GTFO.

• I have been on both sides of the fence when it comes to this. I believe that all human beings, both men and women, have the potential to cheat no matter how much he or she lovers their partner, now that's not to say that they don't feel aweful afterwards. Sex it's most basic level is a very primal act, so any woman or man, if placed in the right situation, will probably cheat. That's not because they want to or because they don't care about their partner; it is because sometimes our primal instincts can become stronger than our logic and morals. The desire for sex can be just as powerful or even more powerful than hunger, thirst or fatigue. I bet even a nun would steal food if they were starving to death, and that is because their need to satisfy their hunger becomes more powerful than their reason or morality, as it can be with sex. If a person, any person, is in a situation where they become aroused enough and they can't remove themselves from the situation fast enough, I believe they WILL cheat. Now I am not by any means saying that cheating is okay, because it's not, but this is something you may want to think about. My rule of them is that people should give their partners one pass, but if they do it again, dump their ass!

• Naah I'm sorry there isn't one pass ever! And no I do not agree with your primal instinct and not being fucking logical in a situation of "arousal"! If that is your excuse when you have been on the other fence you should keep it !

• Gotta go with hopefulness11 on this one. If we can't control our primal instinct then we are no better than beasts in the field.

• I'd dump them right there, and celebrate after.

• I'd immediately dump her, no ifs ands or buts.

• Yup but it does not mean that you have to stop being friends. Be a good person and always remember Karma is bitch

• Yes, it would be as trust is vital.
    I've never been in that position, of being cheated on or being the one to cheat.

• Yeah. cheating=game over

• I would be most upset by the deceit. Not the sex.

• I wouldn't just leave them. I'd fly out of the country and never return

• No. I would embrace her for who she is and keep supporting her while she goes on another adventure with a different guy 😑😑

• It probably would result in a breakup, but to be fair I have also cheated and been forgiven so I would at least consider the circumstances before breaking up with her. There's usually already multiple things wrong with a relationship when there's cheating.

• Yeah cheating is basically the only thing I would leave them for but yes 100%

• Immediate end to the relationship and cutting of all communication.

• Definitely a break-up. A relationship is based on trust and you can't trust a cheater

• I moved out.

What Girls Said 6

• I have been before, caught him red handed to be exact. I was grateful, because I really needed that push, and not only did it come, but confirmed my suspicions. There’s no excuse for cheating.

• wow what was he doing if you don't mind me asking? Cause you caught him red handed !

• Thanks! It was tough but I’m glad it happened, because I learned :)

• True !! 😊

• yeah, i would. i might not be mad at them after a while, but it's ruined. and i don't want to live a half-life.

• I don’t tolerate cheating. If someone were to cheat on me that would be the end.

• Yes.

• Absolutely yes

• It be over cause I wouldn’t be able to trust them.