Is he just saying this because he's hurt that I broke up with him? He blew up my phone and emailed me begging me to take him back at first?

I broke up with my ex almost a month ago but of course the arguments blaming each other about why things didn't work still lingered. He was honestly a shitty boyfriend. He was doing the bare minimum for almost 2 years and all i ever did was complain about him to my friends and mom. He also has a bad attitude. I love and care about him so much but its like... damn I've already told you how i felt so many times and it's taking you forever to show me that you really give a s*** about losing me. He took the break up terribly. He screamed and cussed me out and then later he was super apologetic. He then started blaming everything on me. He told me the other day that he's no longer interested in getting back together because of how negative i am and how much i complain. He has told me this before so I feel like I've always made a good effort not to vent to him too much about things. But there are some things that I really can't hold in. My mental health was deteriorating when I took the DEPO birth control shot. For almost 6 months i was an emotional wreck and instead of him to try to comfort me, he would distance himself. Also, I was studying for the MCAT. As you know, when you're studying for the MCAT, you can't really do anything else with your life so i was miserable and would talk about medical school and applications to him often. He would tell me that there's bigger issues out there and that he wishes he could be in my position, ONLY dealing with school, not having to pay bills, etc. He always tells me my life is a breeze, i'm a brat, and that i should shut up. If anything goes on in school that stresses me out, there's no point in me telling him. Even when i try to talk to him about social issues in the world, he tells me its negative. He never opens up to me, he always has an attitude (calls me a dumbass or tells me to f off or f outtta here during arguments). He basically ended the convo telling me that I'm the root reason why he acted the way he did to me.

21

What Guys Said 1

• Girl get the hell away from that trash. You deserve better and should be treated like a princess.

What Girls Said 2

• If I were you, I’d cut him off entirely. Besides being a trash boyfriend, he sounds like a toxic person in general. The point of breaking up is to remove yourself from a bad situation, not to stay in the same thing but with a different name on it. Do yourself and your mental health a huge favor and cut him loose.

• Honestly?
    He is a horrible SOB with anger management issues. Keep him away, focus on your studies, make friends with people that see life in a good way (i. e.: honest, decent, non-violent) and that totally respects you.
    Of course, you are expected to do the same for them. You have a window for change in your life, how much do you love it? How much do you love yourself? Take care of your heart, it's your most precious thing -yeah, and a healthy brain ;)-